hormone issue???

Options
Help! I think I have a hormone issue. Because right now i'm not at a lean body fat yet. I'm at least at 21% but no matter how much I eat or cheating I do my body still craves and my body never gets full when I eat. Also my weight loss been stalled for 3 months straight and its still not progressing a calorie deficit isn't working anymore either. Please help what can I do??? I just feel like crying because no matter how much working out,Eating right,cheating, Eating in a deficit I do it still seems not to be working anymore like it use to. Its hard for me to remain in a deficit now as well to because my body keeps sending me the ravenous cravings and when I say cravings I mean cravings that not even a person with massive willpower like me can ignore. Please help me thank you!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    We need to know more about you. Height, weight, age, how many calories you're eating, how many are you burning etc. etc.

If that's you, currently, in the photo, what's to cry about? Seriously. The guy in the photo looks quite fit.
  • taylorblade
    taylorblade Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    We need to know more about you. Height, weight, age, how many calories you're eating, how many are you burning etc. etc.

If that's you, currently, in the photo, what's to cry about? Seriously. The guy in the photo looks quite fit.

I'm 5,7 male age 18 I maintain on 3000 calories I jump rope a lot, run a lot, calisthentics, just started weight lifting but seem to not be making any progress for some reason as a matter of fact... i'm starting to lack in all of my workouts now and I just don't know why.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    Help! I think I have a hormone issue. Because right now i'm not at a lean body fat yet. I'm at least at 21% but no matter how much I eat or cheating I do my body still craves and my body never gets full when I eat. Also my weight loss been stalled for 3 months straight and its still not progressing a calorie deficit isn't working anymore either. Please help what can I do??? I just feel like crying because no matter how much working out,Eating right,cheating, Eating in a deficit I do it still seems not to be working anymore like it use to. Its hard for me to remain in a deficit now as well to because my body keeps sending me the ravenous cravings and when I say cravings I mean cravings that not even a person with massive willpower like me can ignore. Please help me thank you!

If you are about to cry about it, it probably is hormones. Maybe get your estrogen checked

Lol I was just kidding about that one sir! I'm just getting frustrated that's all.
  • taylorblade
    Options

I'm 5,7 male age 18 I maintain on 3000 calories I jump rope a lot, run a lot, calisthentics, just started weight lifting but seem to not be making any progress for some reason as a matter of fact... i'm starting to lack in all of my workouts now and I just don't know why.
    weight 164
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Do you lift weights?
  • taylorblade
    Options

Do you lift weights?

Yes i just said i just started lifting weights.
  • taylorblade
    Options

Do you lift weights?

But to be honest with you i accidentally put my self on a very low calorie diet back in august.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Do you lift weights?

Sorry, missed that.
  • taylorblade
    Options

Do you lift weights?

Sorry, missed that.
    Its good. But yes did you read what i said about the very low calorie diet
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    A doctor would be the person to ask about hormone issues.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I already seen my doctor about that he never tested me for my thyroids. But he did test me on my blood sugar and he said i wasnt diabetic (thank god).
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I already seen my doctor about that he never tested me for my thyroids. But he did test me on my blood sugar and he said i wasnt diabetic (thank god).

If you think you have a hormone problem, it's time to go back.

Nobody is qualified to diagnose (much less treat!) you online.

Good luck!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    You should ask your doctor. However, you're a young thin guy who maintains on 3000 calories. Why do you think you have a thyroid problem?
  • taylorblade
    Options
    You should ask your doctor. However, you're a young thin guy who maintains on 3000 calories. Why do you think you have a thyroid problem?

Brcause im consconstantly craving and kinda sluggish. Also my fat loss slowed
  • taylorblade
    edited December 2014
    Options
    *constantly

Brcause im constantly craving and kinda sluggish. Also my fat loss slowed

• taylorblade
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Wasn't your mother supposed to take you to the doctor?

She did and my doctor said my blood sugar is ok so i'm not diabetic. But he never tested me for my thyroids
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    When I lift, I am RAVENOUS. Like, eat everything that isn't nailed down ravenous. It's your body telling you it needs the building blocks (extra calories) to make more muscle. It's why people do bulk/cut cycles--you're really hungry when you're building, then after you've gained the muscle you cut back to lose the fat. And it's easier to lose the fat when you have more muscle.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - didn't you try this a few weeks back and just ignore all the advice you got….?????