How much calories should i eat?

Options
Okay so im 6'0 and i weigh 144 pounds now. I've been eating 1500 calories a day because i used the calorie calculator and it said i burn around 2000-2300 a day (im not that active).

The thing is i can stick to eating 1500 calories a day but its really difficult to completely stick to it. Everyday i have to constantly motivate myself and its not that fulfilling eating this much. But it does produce results, however, every few weeks i cheat a bit. Im thinking that eating around 1800 may help to keep me on task but then i will lose weight at a really slow pace and im trying to get to 130-135 as soon as possible. Plz help, should i eat 1500 or 1800?

Replies

• Cheryllynnhagen
    Cheryllynnhagen Posts: 51 Member
    Options
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I am wondering why you are setting a goal for yourself to be underweight?
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    3,000 calories per day and lift weights.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You should be eating a lot more than 1800, as you're already slim.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to make weight? If you are, I won't bother talking sense to you because I've done that before and it never works.

If you aren't trying to make weight, please see your doctor. He can help you set realistic goals and let you know what a good amount of calories per day would be for you.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    about tree fiddy
  • beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Maintain Weight: consume 1812 calories
    Lose Weight: consume 1450 calories
    Lose Weight Fast: consume 1087 calories

My opinion - losing weight would make you underweight, which can be a unhealthy. Your life, your body - this is just my opinion.
  • eunhyuk12
    Options
    The guy in my pic is not me hes just a singer i like, i have a little bit of fat on my belly that im trying to lose
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter who he is!
    You don't need to lose!
    Lift weights + food=great abs!
    By the way, how old are you?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Plz help, should i eat 1500 or 1800?

Both.
    3300 for a six foot, 18yo male sounds about right.

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Maintain Weight: consume 1812 calories
    Lose Weight: consume 1450 calories
    Lose Weight Fast: consume 1087 calories

My opinion - losing weight would make you underweight, which can be a unhealthy. Your life, your body - this is just my opinion.

Really you are going to give advice to someone that would be underweight with how to lose weight fast??? That's irresponsible, and just plain out stupid.

OP eat more, lift some weights.

I'm 5'6 female and you are younger than my son.. and I eat 1700 to lose weight so you definitely need to eat more!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Plz help, should i eat 1500 or 1800?

Both.
    3300 for a six foot, 18yo male sounds about right.

Yep. My 15 year old son is 5'10/11, about 140 lbs. Eats ~2,500-3000 daily (probably, I do not track his calories, definitely more than me). He's not an athlete or anything, just normal/light activity, thin (he's Asian with thin bone structure) and tall. Young men like you generally need gobs more calories than 1500 or 1800.

Even though you are of adult age, your body is still in prime growth stage. Take advantage of those factors and strength train (and EAT!). You certainly can lean out while maintaining weight (or even gaining slightly).
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    • 18 year old male
    • 6', 144 lbs, BMI = 19.5 (healthy range)
    • TDEE with no exercise = 2075, currently eating 1500
    • Goal weight 130-135, BMI = 17.6-18.3 (underweight)

Taylor-Lautner-No-GIF.gif