Banking to maintain.

Options
So I have decided to maintain at my weight. I eat 1550 calories on weekdays (burn 350 on the treadmill everyday equalling out 1200) and eat 1400 calories on weekends burning 200 calories on the treadmill. My maintanence calories are 1450 so I added up 250x7 equalling 1750. If I ate 1750 calories over my 1550 just for one day per week would I maintain or does this not work? Because yesterday I had my usual 1550 and then my husband and I went out and ate 1700 calories in pasta should I feel guilty? Or would this work for maintanence

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Yes you can average out your calories over time.
    Remember maintenance needs to be for life so you have to find a way to fit in high days and low days. Even high weeks and low weeks!

Never feel guilty for enjoying a nice meal. :smile:
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    should I feel guilty?

No. You should not feel guilty about enjoying food, ever.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Food is good stuff. And yes, you need to average. How could one possibly eat exactly the same number of calories every day? And if you were always under, you'd be averaging under.
  • Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You will be fine, and no, you shouldn't feel guilty! Our bodies don't reset to zero at midnight.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i have maintained for 6 plus months...129-133 and average 1350-1400 calories a day...some days maybe 900 and others 1600...i go on weekly average!
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I fluctuaute quite a bit with calories but weekly it seems to even itself out. I'm aiming for 2300 calories per day although some days I can consume over 3000 and still maintain! Don't get into the habit of not eating something simply because it might mess with your macros for the day. If you start down that path you're less likely to stick with it. And it sounds as if you're working out more than enough to justify that pasta anyway! Happy maintaining :)
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I average and maintain just fine. Some days I have very high days (yesterday). Some days not so hungry and a little on the low side. I'be been able to maintain without counting just eating normally, and high and low is normal part of that normal.
  • JBuchananon
    JBuchananon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone so focused on the numbers game? You are not disciplined, so why continue to put restrictions on how many calories you are eating and put or focus on what you are actually eating!