What's the deal with Dairy is it good or bad??

2»

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Dairy has no moral value associated with it. It is neither good nor bad.

Try telling that to a vegan. It exploits the cows, maaaaaan.

• sam_the_girl
    sam_the_girl Posts: 53 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Dairy isn't needed at all in our diets. But I'll be damned if I stop eating cheese, yogurt and ice cream!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    [/quote]

well said!
  • hawaiival13
    hawaiival13 Posts: 6 Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Thanks soo much guys for your responses!! I have lost 126 pounds so far and its just a struggle right now to lose the last little bit. I am trying to tone up and get rid of excess fat. I think that adding 0% Fage yogurt back to my diet wont be a bad thing. Everything in moderation!

You've lost 126 pounds and now you are starting to question whether or not dairy is good or not? Seriously - you've been very successful, keep doing what you are doing, but as others have said, there is no reason to restrict dairy unless you have an allergy/intolerance to it. Congrats on your success!
    Thx for the support! I guess i just wanted to see what i can change to see if it will help. I hear so much diet info I just cant wrap ,y head around what is correct info and what is BS.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Thanks soo much guys for your responses!! I have lost 126 pounds so far and its just a struggle right now to lose the last little bit. I am trying to tone up and get rid of excess fat. I think that adding 0% Fage yogurt back to my diet wont be a bad thing. Everything in moderation!

You've lost 126 pounds and now you are starting to question whether or not dairy is good or not? Seriously - you've been very successful, keep doing what you are doing, but as others have said, there is no reason to restrict dairy unless you have an allergy/intolerance to it. Congrats on your success!
    Thx for the support! I guess i just wanted to see what i can change to see if it will help. I hear so much diet info I just cant wrap ,y head around what is correct info and what is BS.

Well again, I would say if you have lost 126 lbs you probably know more than most people on here about how to be successful with weight loss....

• jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Nah I can't imagine that dairy would be bad for everyone's weight loss. Just as with anything, look at how your own body reacts to it and see.

Me, it makes me bloated and gassy.... But I found that after a year without it, I reintroduced massive amounts of lactose free greek yogurt and the bloat is not coming back and I don't have real issues with weight loss. Lactose was my problem. Many would argue that we're not made to eat dairy.. It's probably true, but I need it to hit my protein goals. before I reintroduced it, I had real problems hitting my protein goals. Greek yogurt makes it easier. I don't want to shove meat and eggs down my throat all day long.

So if it's not making you feel sick, go for it!
  • I've also heard of studies that say 3 servings a day of dairy will enhance weight loss efforts... Not sure if it's true but I love a good glass of milk!
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    I'm lactose intolerant, but I indulge when I can since it's delicious.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Not a fan of plain milk, but I have Greek yogurt every day and cheese almost as much.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    How do they find the teets on the almonds?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Is there arsenic in the milk? Mercury? Paint chips?

No?

Then it's fine. Enjoy your milk.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I've been off of around 10 cups of milky tea per day for nearly a week. I swapped to plain black coffee blaaaah.
    I'm curious to see if I lose weight this week and become less bloaty Mcbloated !