How often are you changing your clothes size?

Options
124»

Replies

• rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I started out in a size 20 (Old Navy) jeans, it took about 30 lbs for me to get down to a size 18, now my 16s are loose and I've lost 45lbs. Some 14s I have from years ago (DKNY and Tommy Hilfiger) are still way to tight. 17s from Target (Mossimo) are also still a bit tight but I can get them buttoned, lol. I bought a pair of capris from Target the day before Easter, wore them twice and now they are too big :( kinda sucks (but I love it) and makes me not want to buy new clothes!
  • LyndaTay
    LyndaTay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20 pounds, I still have 60 (maybe more) to go.. I have only bought 1 pair of pants. I was a size 20/22. I thought that I bought a size 18. when I got home, they were a 15/16. I have been living in my leggings, but even they are getting too big. Next month is my birthday. I have told my kids that all I want for my birthday is new clothes.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I try to alter my clothes instead of buy new ones if I can. That was actually a great suggestion from MFPers when I couldn't find pants that fit right :) I feel like my clothes don't fit right with about a 5 lb change up or down, but I like my clothes to fit just so. Now that I don't have a muffin top to hold up my pants, I've also discovered the wonder of belts.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I began working toward health and fitness again on Jan. 4th of this year. I had gradually gained almost 60 pounds over an almost 5 year period and was weighing in low to mid 180 pound region. I was bulging out of size 16s when I started.

I am now wearing size 10s. I've been rotating my "fat" clothes out and pulling my smaller clothes out of storage, so I haven't had to spend much to have clothes that fit. I did have to invest in some Goodwill purchased workout pants. :)

My goal is to get back into my size 6/8 pants before the end of June.
  • KChesneyGal
    KChesneyGal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started out at size 20 jeans and XL-XXL shirts depending on the brand and i have lost 16 lbs so far, but have not gone down in pants size yet but they are getting looser, my XL shirts are fitting better. I saved all of my old jeans ranging from sizes 14-18, so when i go down in pants sizes i wont have to buy any and i would only have to purchase shirts, my scrubs are a XXL in tops and bottoms which are getting big and are baggy, i tried on a new pair the other day in an XL the shirt fit, but the pants were a little too snug, i am going to wear my xxl sets until i offically go down in size and the xl isnt snug, i can make my xxl set work until then
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    You know what's crazy? 120 lbs & I'm still wearing the same underwear! Not bras, those have been replaced twice but panties yes. They're those microfiber stretchy ones. They are big & saggy a bit but I'm holding out until goal. Then I plan to walk into Victoria's Secret & drop a bunch of money on all new panties. A bit weird but its kinda my reward to look forward to lol!

Me too!!! Though I've had to replace my "weekend" cotton undies, but the expensive microfiber stretchy ones still fit. I'm with you, maybe when I get down to single digit size, I'll treat myself to brand new undies.

Awesome, I'm not alone! High five to my fellow saggy underwear friend! :)
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 sizes with the first 12 lbs oddly enough and I don't think I've dropped since then.. not sure though. I should go try on some clothes and find out what size I am now!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with scrubs.. all of mine are huge on me and they're bunching up and all the bunches are starting to rub when I walk, but the XL pants are still a bit too snug. Sigh. They're expensive to replace too >.<
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for 5 months (2 months were kind of a joke) but anyway I have lost 19 pounds and dropped 2 pants sizes already. I am trying to keep myself from buying much but I work in an office so I have to dress well. I have been sticking with flowing dresses. It seems to help for now with the few slacks and slinky dresses and tops here and there. My goal is another 18 pounds so if patterns repeat I may be down up to another 2 sizes before all is said and done so I plan on trying to hold off through the summer and then buy myself a new wardrobe when it starts to get cool again and I am at maintenance.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!