Problems with dizziness

Options
I have had to limit my activities due to problems with constant dizziness and almost a light headed fealing.

It has been going on for over 2 months, I have had an ENT run tests with all normal results, and I have seen a neurologist twice, I had a clean brain MRI, clean labs except for my ANA levels came back at 1:160 which is high, but not extremely high. The Doctors have tried Meclizene which is supposed to treat Vertigo with no help, and I was also put on Valium to rule out anxiety issues, which did not help either. Right now the neurologist suggests chronic fatigue syndrome/ fibromyalgia. I guess you can say I have problems with fatigue, but I atribute that to the fact that I have always been very active, but I have no other signs that would point to fibormyaliga. I am just starting to try Lyrica and I don't know if it is going to work yet.

I have been taking Metformen for several weeks becuase the blood work pointed to pre-diabetes, but I started taking it after the symptoms started, and it hasn't changed anything.

I'm just reaching out to find out if anyone has any insight or direction. Because of my abnormal ANA levels, the neurologist is taking about sending my to a rheumatologist, so if anyone knows of any autoimmune disorders that can cause constant dizziness that would be great!

I just need some direction and suggestions.

Thanks!

Replies

• blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Have they done thyroid blood work? Only reason I ask - I suffer from Autoimmune Thyroid disease, and when my thyroid levels are super low, I get dizziness, chest pain, fatigue, etc.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    could it be a blood sugar issue, such as hypoglycemia? i'd get really dizzy when I had that, usually when I was doing something strenuous.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you doing?? Doing low calories can cause dizziness also.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I'm running out the door, so don't have time to look further, but Google "ana autoimmune dizziness" turned up: Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease (AIED)
  • wmpottsjr
    wmpottsjr Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Have your heart checked bud.
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    I'm running out the door, so don't have time to look further, but Google "ana autoimmune dizziness" turned up: Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease (AIED)

I was going to suggest this also. Or Meniere's Disease.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Is it dizziness where you feel the room spinning, or more a light-headed feeling?

I suffered for years from that light-headed feeling, and it was because I was having atypical migraines. Do you sometimes get light or sound sensitivity? Are you sensitive to odors? Do you have migraines ever?