Need IVF - Have to Lose Weight First

Options
I found out today that it will not be possible for me to get pregnant without medical intervention. My reproductive endocrinologist is recommending IVF. The catch... I have to lose a minimum of 75 pounds before she will feel comfortable performing the IVF procedure.

I don't wish this on anybody else, but if you're in a similar situation and you want to join together for support, then I would love to hear from you. I started a group for us.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100898-losing-weight-before-ivf

-Felicity

Replies

• sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the same situtaion, but what a great motivator! If I had to lose weight in order to have a baby I'd do it in a heartbeat. You'll feel healthier and you'll ahve a little bundle of joy to dote on as well!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Just the procedure is hard enough and cost a lot of money. There are many diets that you can read about. Just be careful with fast losing diets because the weight rebound after the diet can be an issue. Best of luck in starting a family. By the time it comes down to IVF the nerves can be frayed.
  • happyvalentinesday
    Options
    In my birthing classes there were lots of older women who tried to have a child in their 20s. But failed and they all said when they lost weight they just got pregnant so I will pray god will bless you as well. ") so lose weight then try so you wont be like me and have 70 lbs to lose after. I had a rough pregnancy lol