How much is 5 Grams of creatine

Options
I just started taking creatine and the label tells me to get 5 grams or "1 rounded teaspoon" but im not necessarily sure of what it means. I'm using a measuring teaspoon right now that's leveld, should I use a regular teaspoon or what? Sorry if I posted in the wrong section as I'm fairly new to the forum but this app is great!

Replies

• awinner_au
    awinner_au Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i did this measurement just half hour ago, i weighed a level measuring teaspoon and it actually came to 2.5g, mind you this will depend on the level of compression, i want to take 3g so it is just as well i can weigh.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Weigh it?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Rounded would be about as much as you keep on the spoon. I used to just spoon some dry powder in my mouth and wash it down with water (monohydrate is tasteless).
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    heaping teaspoon should be enough. 3-5 grams suggested no loading no phasing/cycling. Take it every day and you'll notice a bit increase in lifting performance and stamina after a few weeks.

Drink at least 4 liters of water a day. Your muscles will pull in a lot of water and you want to avoid bloating or dehydration. Drink drink drink! You want your pee to be clear. You will pee a bit more because you'll be drinking more...