Older pics can be shocking!

Options
I was browsing some older photos this evening for nostalgia's sake, and I can't believe the difference in me now, it was really quite a shock; obviously we usually see our own weight loss as fairly gradual but when you suddenly see yourself in a picture as you were, it's both horrifying and delightful, haha. The first pic of me wasn't at my biggest, that was taken almost 2 years ago and before this year I had gained almost another stone, but I still feel so surprised and happy when I compare me then and now. It's also the first time I'm seriously not letting my health issues get in the way of attaining the figure I want, as difficult as it is sometimes - my desire to no longer be the fat girl I hated has finally won, over my desire to comfort eat non-stop and stay in the familiar frame I had for too long. I feel positive and excited with the changes I've made and wanted to share. Who else feels great when they look back at older photographs? :D

s21gwij351f3.jpg
12rnqdrko2q9.jpg

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • U look beautiful in the before and after
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    1. You look amazing - in both photos, but you look so much happier in the second.
    2. I LOVE your shirt in the second photo. I want one of my own.
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great job! For me it's still shocking to see really old pics of skinny me and be like "how did I let myself get to this point?" I can't wait to get to where you are and say "I'm not that person anymore!"

And I love your Walking Dead shirt.
  • Big_Steezy
    Big_Steezy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's like a total new you!

You do look so much happier and better for it it.
  • carlosjenno
    carlosjenno Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I don't even recognise myself in old photos. I just think "who's that fat bloke with my wife?". I'm now to the point where I'd actually consider myself to be ultra-fit. And that's the next goal as well as Ironman - an ultramarathon.

And I agree with the previous comments, you look fabulous in both photos.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Last year I went on holiday with some friends in the Spring and there was this one picture of me... yeah, horrible! Anyway, we're going again this year and I'm hoping the pictures this time around will be ones I like more. :smiley: Well done honey, you've come so far!
  • pickledeggy
    pickledeggy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yay for the walking dead, haha. You've done Amazing! I did that before, I've got a few thin pics of me and I look back and think why did I lose all of that weight and get the body i wanted and just let myself pile on over 100lbs in under two years! But I'm changing it. Again. Well done!!
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Haha, I've had so many comments about how awesome my t-shirt is, I love it, hehe. To those of you in the UK, it's from Primark, men's section, £8, bought very recently so may still be stocked.

Thanks so much everyone! It's nice to hear that people don't think I was a train wreck before, lol. But I agree I look much happier now, my smiles are much less forced when a camera is on me, I don't feel quite the same want to run and hide. :) It's so easy to let those pounds creep on and on, but such a great feeling when we see the changes.
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Great job ! I never look at my older pics, maybe I should, soon...
  • RiseandGrind77
    RiseandGrind77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I used to avoid my old pics however I recently started putting them everywhere. Phone background, profile pic. It reminds me how far I've come and not to slip back.
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I love the shirt! You look great!
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And I am totally jelly of your Walking Dead tshirt!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    comparison pics really helps your perception of how far along you have come. WTG!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Terrific! I don't have any recent before pictures and would love some to compare. You look fabulous.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, you're all awesome. :D I love the idea of making one of my old photos my phone background pic to remind me to never let myself get back to what I was.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!