Anyone doing this particular workout?

Options
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html

I started this workout a week and a half ago and I really like it so far. Im just getting paranoid as i am new to lifting and want to make sure what im doing is correct. Im going by myfitnesspal's caloric goal and eating back the calories from cardio (im doing cardio on the in between days). Myfitnesspal has me at 1280 calories a day.

Just wondering who else is doing this workout and what results you have gotten from it
TIA!

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    That looks like a nice beginner workout. I think you'll have some success with it, provided your nutrition is sound. Which brings me to this....
    Myfitnesspal has me at 1280 calories a day.
    1280 calories seems pretty low, especially for someone who's doing cardio and strength training (even if you're eating back the calories). I don't know how old you are, or your current weight, but I wonder if you entered in some very aggressive weight loass goals in order to get that 1280 number? Too few calories can be a detriment to your fitness program. If you need to allocate more of the calories to protein sources, this should still help you in burning bodyfat without compromising your metabolism.

Maybe someone else can chime in and either confirm or refute what I'm saying. I only brought it up because I like your program, but in order to achieve fitness goals, you do need to give the body the right amount of energy. I wish you the best of luck! Keep up the great effort!
  • brit_chick
    brit_chick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I agree i thought it was low also. I picked that i live a sedentary lifestyle (i am a bank teller) and then i always log the cardio i do. I set it to 1lb per week and i want to lose about 25lbs. I also have started whey protein shakes for breakfast to make sure im getting enough each day.
    Thank you for your reply!