Need strict friends for support and motivation :)

Hi!

I want to admit something! Today is my birthday and I am very ashamed of myself. I can not stick to a diet, I just overeat. Really, I know nobody can help me, I am the one that should put the fork down and find motivation to stick to a goal. But I thought this is why such groups and communities exist-to help people feel accountable.

I am new here and would really really love to have some friends for support!

My birthday wish today (or actually my birthday commitment) is to overcome this weakness and be able to gain control over my plate : just to be able to stick to a calorie goal! So I will do everything it takes to support this goal! If you feel the same or if you just see this message and want - feel free to add me :):):)

I am not obese, just slightly overweight and it would take a lot longer and harder for me to lose the pounds. I am 5 ft 7, 148 pounds, want to be around 130. I work out with weights and cardio and eat extremely clean, but overdo the quantities.

My dream is to win an IFBB Pro contest.
I could not do this if I cant stick to a simple calorie restriction.

Replies

• P.S. "Overweight" was the wrong word. I know some of you have Goal Weight my starting weight. I meant I have too much fat on my muscles that I gained so hard. I am not a fan of anorexic looks, just know that the range between 130-135 will be perfect for me.
    :)
  • Parkes1993
    Parkes1993 Posts: 123 Member
    I'm pretty strict and it's my bday today haha so feel free to add me and maybe I could help out or U could get ideas from my diary ....
  • KimofTas
    KimofTas Posts: 48 Member
    Well, the only thing that makes me stick to losing weight via the MFP method is to have my goal in mind. Firmly in mind. It's something I really want. It's something I really can't do without. Without a good reason to drive you, nothing will inspire willpower.

Willpower is a decision made with a good reason.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Not sure what you mean by strict, but I'm on everyday. Please feel free to add me.
  • kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Well Happy Birthday! I would love to have you as a friend so I will send a request and then bring it on we will get through this together. I know just what you mean; you have to be accountable but there is nothing wrong with us putting our heads together and giving each other ideas. Some may work and some may not but I do believe that is one of the may uses of this site. We are in this together and I think for the most part the people here are real nice and we all seem to root each other on.

I am strict, I don't like tons of excuses and I will call you on it if I see it happening alot and I will private message you if I think you need someone to talk to and so on. All in all I take my weight loss and my friends quite seriously and I will do my best to get there and to help my friends with what I can do to reach thier goals as well. Yess I do know it is up to everyone to actually do what they need to but we can be there for them, offer advice, and give support and encouragement. So again Happy Birthday and I hope you enjoyed your long winded response. Sad that by the time you finished reading it another birthday had passed.
  • Hey, Thank you all!
  • I have some problem with my profile, I can post here, but cannot use the other tools. I forgot which e-mail I used to sign up (I made a new one), so I guess I must make a new profile. I will add you then :):);)