What are you grateful for today?

Options
I thought today that maybe being grateful and making it a point to post here about it will help us to boost our morale and meet our goals, ESPECIALLY on our bad fitness days. So I want to challenge you to post something you're grateful for today, and consider coming back every day to share what you're grateful for. You don't have to keep it health and fitness-oriented, but if you do happen to be grateful for such a thing, I think that will be even more helpful for ourselves and for the people of the MFP community.

That said, I'll start off! Just begin your posts with, "Today, I am grateful..." and continue from there.

Today, I am grateful that I learned how to poach eggs yesterday! All my life, I thought it sounded so gross, but it's actually really yummy, easier than frying, and poaching my eggs will cut a lot of oil out of my diet.

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am thankful our teenagers are morphing into adults nicely.

My dieting is also to help encourage them to eat well before they mess up their health like I did because I did not know how bad carb abuse was in my case. While like most all of us at that age they are into junk processed carbs. I can not really change their diet but I can lead by example and they can change their diets when they develop the desire to do so because they will have the knowledge to do so.
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I am thankful our teenagers are morphing into adults nicely.

My dieting is also to help encourage them to eat well before they mess up their health like I did because I did not know how bad carb abuse was in my case. While like most all of us at that age they are into junk processed carbs. I can not really change their diet but I can lead by example and they can change their diets when they develop the desire to do so because they will have the knowledge to do so.

That is a really great thing, and certainly something to be grateful for! I don't think we realize it until we're grown, but there are so many things that, if our parents didn't teach us, we have a hard time figuring it out for ourselves. I'm 22, and I'm working very hard to teach myself regular housekeeping habits because I wasn't made to keep my room clean or do any chores when I was growing up. You're doing a really great thing by conscientiously making an effort to instill good habits in your children and be an example for them!
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Good morning, folks! Today, I'm grateful that my in-laws just brought my husband and I a new bed as an early Christmas present! We've been sleeping on a twin-sized bed for over two years, and it's going to be awesome to finally be able to get a good night's rest because we're not shoving and prodding at each other to make room for ourselves (or worse, two cats). Regulating my sleep is going to be a super important part of my fitness journey.