2011 vs 2014. 160+lbs down to ~138lbs, more muscle, and a lot less fat!

Options
JCC1987
JCC1987 Posts: 10
edited December 2014 in Success Stories
So the older pictures are me back in 2011 weighing somewhere around 160+ pounds (11.5 stone). It took me a long time to pluck up the courage to post these, but after sharing them with my friends and family, I felt comfortable sharing them with others. Check out the shoulder-to-hip ratio in the second picture!
I lost fat by first attending Slimming World (one stone lost), then using MFP, and then sensibly using what I'd learned from both methods. I don't currently monitor my food, but will probably get back into it as the fat gets more and more stubborn to shift. My current goal is to get visible abs, and it's slowly but surely happening.

The middle picture in the three-stage picture is from two months ago when I first started running. I currently run every other day, ranging 1-3 miles (currently 5k in 30:02 minutes, or one mile in 8:34 minutes), using a single dose protein shake post-run for recovery, and take 2-3 high strength fish oil capsules daily. It seems to be working for me, although I could probably achieve my goal quicker if I stopped eating as much junk as I am... but it's all in moderation!

gyt4keevdypb.jpg
bpe0ogpxtt2h.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!