Results - Booyah!!

Options
Had my physical with bloodwork. 24 pounds down and the doctor said he cannot remember the last time he saw a patient with numbers so low. Inflammation was too low to be measured, cholesterol, blood pressure etc were like a marathon runner's. I went essentially pescatarian back in April, started adding in walking, and treaddesk / bike desk for work. The number one thing though was cutting out most of the carbs and red meat. My hand and finger joints stopped swelling and hurting, old knee injuries stopped giving me so much trouble. I don't care for fish and veggies really, but boy...I feel like a whole new person, and the numbers back it up.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    titianwasp wrote: »
    Had my physical with bloodwork. 24 pounds down and the doctor said he cannot remember the last time he saw a patient with numbers so low. Inflammation was too low to be measured, cholesterol, blood pressure etc were like a marathon runner's. I went essentially pescatarian back in April, started adding in walking, and treaddesk / bike desk for work. The number one thing though was cutting out most of the carbs and red meat. My hand and finger joints stopped swelling and hurting, old knee injuries stopped giving me so much trouble. I don't care for fish and veggies really, but boy...I feel like a whole new person, and the numbers back it up.

Good job and very encouraging.

I love fish so going pescatarian would not be hard for me. In August I did get heavy into coconut oil for joint/muscle pain which seemed to help (have been doing fish oil since 1996) and started trying to get off of sugar. The first of October I just put mind over matter and totally stopped eating food with added sugar. Then I dropped all carbs to <50 grams daily. I do eat some red meat but cut the grains and most dairy.

Have not had any blood work since I started doing this but my joint and muscle pain has dropped from 7-8+ to 2-3 on a 1-10 scale most days now. As you know dropping pain 5 points is like NO PAIN. :)

In my case the coconut did take a bite out of the pain and helped me get into ketosis perhaps. It was cutting out the carbs that really knocked down the pain and gave me a new lease on life. I was at the point I needed help getting out of a car.

My driving force was the doctor wanted to try Enbrel but the more I read the more concerned I became about the long term side effects. While I was researching Enbrel I learned about coconut oil and ketones and have just evolved to this point diet wise. My weight has been slowly going down but I lost an inch in the waist and my double chin before I lost a pound on the scales. With next to no pain and more muscle I am much more active today.

Thanks again for sharing your success including the pain management. This site is encouraging too.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

• titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Don't forget your (very - like 71% and up) dark chocolate and red wine. You have to have some sensual pleaures!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Excellent report! Congrats and thank you for sharing!