Need healthy recipes

Options
jissellc
jissellc Posts: 76 Member
Hey all!
This month will be my 2nd month of C25K. I really like this program and while I have seen some good results such as increased stamina, endurance, and less cellulite, I am not seeing much weight loss. I'm not really creative when it comes to clean eating or healthy recipes. While I do search the web for recipes, I think I just get so overwhelmed by all of them. Especially when I'm not sure if I'd like them. Sorry for my language, but I've been eating *kitten* lately and am tired of it. I want to feel stronger when I run and not like I'm running on sludge. Now, I don't eat out, I think I just eat too many carbs or fats. Mainly for breakfast I eat organic eggs (I have free range chickens), but sometimes having eggs everyday is annoying. My mind goes blank when it comes to snacks and dinner recipes.
So does anyone have any favorite snack/dinner recipes they would like to share?
Thank you in advance!

Replies

• Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, once a week, I'll take the time to measure out rice and dried black beans, cook them, add a can of corn, and portion it out so i have a quick and easy lunch for at least a few days.

I eat tons of eggs...scrambled with veggies added, over easy with bacon, maybe with toast, sometimes with a serving of those ore-ida potatoes o'brien. I eat them for breakfast and lunch both....sorry, probably not much help there, lol.

I also make huge batches of soup with whatever veggies i have, plus beans and/or meat. I usually make the soups for supper, but i always make enough so i have enough for both leftovers for lunch for awhile and to freeze. That way, the frozen soup i can just pull out of the freezer for supper later or for lunch for a week.

I love to cook, but I'm a fairly lazy cook, lol. I do things when i have extra time so it's easier to just pull things out and reheat them later.

You could also take some time to cut up vegetables and lettuce ahead of time, then throw some together with a little dressing for a quick salad for lunch.

Hope some of these ideas help.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Also, you can always take your favorite foods and look up recipes for low-calorie versions.
  • jissellc
    Options
    Sometimes, once a week, I'll take the time to measure out rice and dried black beans, cook them, add a can of corn, and portion it out so i have a quick and easy lunch for at least a few days.

I eat tons of eggs...scrambled with veggies added, over easy with bacon, maybe with toast, sometimes with a serving of those ore-ida potatoes o'brien. I eat them for breakfast and lunch both....sorry, probably not much help there, lol.

I also make huge batches of soup with whatever veggies i have, plus beans and/or meat. I usually make the soups for supper, but i always make enough so i have enough for both leftovers for lunch for awhile and to freeze. That way, the frozen soup i can just pull out of the freezer for supper later or for lunch for a week.

I love to cook, but I'm a fairly lazy cook, lol. I do things when i have extra time so it's easier to just pull things out and reheat them later.

You could also take some time to cut up vegetables and lettuce ahead of time, then throw some together with a little dressing for a quick salad for lunch.

Hope some of these ideas help.

Thank you thank you thank you for your advise! Any help is good! I love soup! What kinds of soups do you make? I love creamed spinach soup!
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    For a change in your breakfast try avocado toast...it's yummy and you can have eggs or not with it.

For a healthy, easy dinner try this: one bag frozen corn, 1 can black beans, one onion chopped, lots of cilantro (to your taste), lots of cumin (to your taste), one red pepper chopped. mix it all together in a bowl, you don't even have to thaw it as it will thaw on it's own pretty quick. Add cut up tomatoes if you want. If you don't like corn, use a bag of frozen peas. Sqeeze the juice of 1 lime or lemon over it all and mix it up. Then spoon onto tortillas and add siracha mayo and eat! Yummy! If you have something leftover, like left over chicken, you can cut it up and add it.

txw6nvbd6bs5.jpg

here is another version of the veggie tacos...yummy and lots of nutrition!
    0c1avuh7k7ss.jpg

• coueswhitetail
    Options
    Another quick and easier (and moderately healthy dinner) is a tortilla pizza. Take a large tortilla of whatever brand you like, and sprinkle cut up raw spinach, onions, tomatoes, peppers, cheese or whatever other toppings you want and bake it for 10 mins or so.
    pzwilwuegsoy.jpg

• coueswhitetail
    Options
    here is one I made recently that was surprisingly good.

lentils, tomatos, corn, cumin and or curry, spread on romaine lettuce leaves with some siracha mayo (or whatever you like).

z05wourq6agt.jpg
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options

lentils, tomatos, corn, cumin and or curry, spread on romaine lettuce leaves with some siracha mayo (or whatever you like).

This looks very good !
  • jissellc
    Options

z05wourq6agt.jpg

Oh my goodness I love lentils this looks so good! Your recipes here look so yummy!!! Good idea!