Feeling a little lost... can anyone relate?

Options
2»

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    "Fret not, I think most people reach their goal and want to see balloons spontaneously erupt from the kitchen floor. I always do." - I envisioned a firework display, but this is much more creative! Love it!

Great advice has already been given OP, and I see that you do have new goals set, so keep it up!

I also think there's a teeny, tiny part of us that believed once we reached our goal weight we'd be "happy". I'm not saying that you're not, but sometimes the dream is that all of our other problems in life will disappear, too. Instead, we are just a smaller, healthier person in the same exact life. Not a bad thing. I just think that sometimes we envision things differently.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    The journey isn't over. Your heart is still beating. Time to set your new goals. You already know what to do. You put it in your About Me section in your profile.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this...after a year it was a a bit anti-climactic! Like others have said, I changed my focus from weight loss to meeting my protein goals and committing to weight training 4 days/week.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone, I too was waiting for that moment of YIPPEEE oh look balloons! I didn't get them and I did feel lost however I decided it was about me so it was up to me to find a way to make it feel special. I sometimes wonder if once we reach goal we wonder why it seemed so difficult before. Perhaps that's all a part of it, the unknown.

Congratulations to you and all the others that have reach their weight goal and are now striving to keep on top of the fitness goals.

Goals can also be set in your kitchen, find new ways to recreate a favorite dish that might not be as healthy as you'd like. Continue to try new foods, new flavors and soon enough you'll realize you've stayed right where you always wanted to be.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The journey isn't over. Your heart is still beating. Time to set your new goals. You already know what to do. You put it in your About Me section in your profile.

Thanks for the reminder :)