best coffee sweetner?

2»

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited December 2014
    i love sweet'n'low in coffee, its sweeter than sugar. I also add a 1/4 cup of lowfat milk to each 8oz cup of coffee.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Stevia
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited December 2014
    Whatever flavored creamer I happen to be fancying at the time.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    I have started drinking mine without sweetener in the last couple days and actually enjoy the taste! My breath is TERRIBLE but that's why humans invented toothbrushes. :)
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Splenda or real sugar in moderation.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    CarrieCans wrote: »
    mykaylis wrote: »
    i don't use any currently, but xylitol was the only non-sugar sweetener i could stand. splenda gives me seizures. all other artificial sweeteners taste bloody awful to me (very bitter), and while stevia is nice and natural, i find it has a funny aftertaste.

Xylitol is toxic to pets, very small amounts can kill them. I've never tried it because of this. I won't even bring low cal gum into my house because some are sweetened with it. I have a cat that will destroy a purse to get at a piece of wintergreen gum so i don't risk it.

i hadn't heard that. thanks for mentioning that! i rarely use it and have had no ill effects, personally. i do know that some people get gas and diarrhea if they consume too much.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Usually, sugar-free hazelnut creamer. So now my coffee is 19 calories instead of I-don't-even-want-to-know at Starbucks.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Usually, sugar-free hazelnut creamer. So now my coffee is 19 calories instead of I-don't-even-want-to-know at Starbucks.

Ugg yeah, my 38c coffee is my substitute for the 330c starbucks version I used to drink. I still like to use their espresso for the home version sometimes, I ♥ the extra caffeine content.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,010 Member
    When I sweeten my coffee, I use the liquid stevia from Trader Joe's.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I use Truvia.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    hiphop10 wrote: »
    What is the best coffee sweetner?

Maple.
    Syrup.

Grade B stuff. Seriously, try it.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Once you get used to drinking coffee black, you'll be so much happier. I used to add spenda to my coffee, but now the idea of sweetened coffee seems gross. The sugar masks the flavor!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    I use Agave
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    I've weaned myself off sugar for the most part and just take milk. I can't do artificial sweetner in coffee.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    none- or two % milk.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    I try to start with really good coffee. I am less tempted to add sweeteners. Otherwise, I'm not a diabetic so I use a little sugar.
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Honey. Gotta have it.
  • wgaue
    wgaue Posts: 222 Member
    I use Sweet N Low or Splendia. With that said, I'm trying to ween myself off of it. I've tried raw honey in it, and haven't gotten quite use to it yet.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    mamagirl49 wrote: »
    Honey. Gotta have it.

In your coffee?
    interesting.

I'm going to have to try that- just for funsies.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    hiphop10 wrote: »
    What is the best coffee sweetner?

Maple.
    Syrup.

Grade B stuff. Seriously, try it.

Totally trying this tomorrow.