Fibromyalgia and Gluten Free Meals

barbsdag
barbsdag Posts: 16 Member
Hi, I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and recently found out Gluten Free eating is best This is all so overwhelming and I know next to nothing about this way of eating. Does anyone eat Gluten Free and, what brands do you recommend?

Replies

• jeanywren
    jeanywren Posts: 72 Member
    Hi, I bought the "wheat belly" book and saw the author on a show. Although , he was more interested in the problems derived from wheat rather than gluten as a whole. Lots of stuff on the internet. Baby steps. I have cut out the more obvious things and definitely feel better after 6 or 7 weeks. I have tried a couple of gluten free breads, and neither appealed to me. There may be better out there but for now I just go without and find I am eating more vegetables and fruit.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    There's a gluten free group in the forums of MFP. You will find lots of helpful info in that group. I found the Udi brand of bread to be decent. Some of the gluten free breads are not to my taste, but you just have to experiment for yourself by trying different ones. If your budget is limited, you may just need to eliminate some things as the breads are pricey. Good luck with this new way of life