Support 15 months in!

Options
Just looking for some words of strength. Been working on loosing this weight for over a year now. I have lost close to 50lbs (was at 51 but sadly put a few back on!) and want to keep going. My overall goal would be 65-75lbs. I have been struggling lately but without a known reason. It just hits me. I'm in the teacher's room and there are cupcakes that I could have passed up but out of no where I grab one and down it before I can think, then feel gross. I am still exercising and running 5ks etc. but it's those out of nowhere cheats or binges that I hate after. How do I feel back in control? Anyone else have this ever?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own way.

Practice makes perfect! Avoid just one. Next time, don't give in. Once you wrestle through and come out the winner in the Cupcake War, you'll have something to be proud of. The next time, you can face the cupcake and know you're strong than it is.

Each time, you get a little more proud of yourself and then you're all like, "Oh, please, little cupcake, you are no match for me. Be off with your frosting and crumbs." :D

It gets easier.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I've had that this week, but then I realized I haven't been eating breakfast and have been hungrier all day because of it. Maybe you need to play with meal timing.

And great loss! You're 2/3 to your higher goal!
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    well done on the weight loss for starters! you're doing great and it's completely ok to indulge yourself every once in a while. but please make sure you enjoy it.
    Personally I was a chocolate addict, I mean a full 100 gr a day , and not the black chocolate kind, I read this thing with " putting a dollar in a jar every time you do wrong" and that's what worked for me. After some mistakes every time I approached a chocolate that jar came to my mind. Still enjoy chocolate though, black and indulge from time to time to never crave it much again.
  • jessfco
    jessfco Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love the dollar jar idea. Thanks for all your comments! I think it will also help me to read these when I feel the desire to cheat!