In shock at the moment....young neighbor passed away today

Options
Our neighbor who was only 25 years passed away unexpectedly today. Still can't believe it. We are celebrating my Dad's 82nd birthday in a few minutes. I am cooking him dinner and we're having cake and ice cream but it seems strange celebrating when there is so much sadness right next door. He was a nice young man. So sad for his family. We will give them their space and go over in a couple of days. We did talk to the son in laws in the family and his Grandfather. Please send prayers up for Brad's family.

Thank you....

Replies

• GretchenB02
    GretchenB02 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    That is very sad. While all were older than that we have one family at church that as had 7 to die in the last few months. Three of the guys were 58, 62 and 69 years old and all were in school when I was. The rest were 85-95.

Being 63 and have three guys like these that you grew up with to die is a good reason to focus on a good diet. Diabetes got these three guy above. The 69 age one is to be buried at noon tomorrow.

I am so glad your dad is still with you at 82 and hope he will have many more birthdays and thanks for your concerns for your neighbor's family.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Life is just so unpredictable. When I was in college, a 28 year old colleague of mine at the job died of a stroke. It was so shocking. He was young and very athletic.

I'm glad your father is celebrating such a great milestone.