How to do find the motivation you once had?

Options
2»

Replies

• simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Have been going through some of the same motivation issues. For me, this is a very difficult time of year to be diligent about the food intake. I've decided my goal is weight neutral until the first of the year...then hit it hard.

Good luck!

20757594.png
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    As someone who suffers from depression and has a lot of trouble with motivation when the "lows" hit... I get what you're going through. For me personally, habit is what saves me during this time, because I can just go through the motions of what I'm used to doing. It doesn't always work, but it does work a lot of the time.

I've had a few falls off of the wagon and found it very hard to get back on--Just forcing it, and doing what I knew I needed to do, pulled me through the first week or two... Then the old healthy habits kicked back in and I was all good again.

So basically, a combination of habit and "just doing it" is how I get through this kind of thing. Building the habit is the hardest part, and it comes with the "just do it" part. Over time, you'll feel more motivated as you gain momentum, your willpower improves, you're able to say no when you want or need to, and you start to see results again!

All the best! :)
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Hmm, my guess is you've become the hottest girl in your circle of friends. You've lost the eye of the tiger because you have no motivation to do better. I'd make some hotter friends who are thinner and prettier. That will motivate you to try to be like them. Just my two cents. YMMV.

This is actually great advice.