This time I'm motivated

So here's my quick story: I had an accident when I was 18 years old. I was hit by drunk driver while riding my bike. Fast forward to now. I am 60 years old, weigh 220 lbs, have had 4 spinal surgeries on my back and open heart surgery in 2001 to replace my aortic valve. I generally eat well (my youngest daughter who lives at home is a vegan) but splurge on sweets when I feel depressed. I don't exercise at all although I was pretty committed to it about 2-3 months ago. The pain in my back is so bad now that I have no other option but to exercise and strengthen my core, lose 25 lbs to get to 195 and at the very least, reduce as much of my pain as possible. I used My Fitness Pal about a year ago but was frustrated because I felt it was too hard to input the types of food I was eating. I have been scanning barcodes on foods I eat and it is so much easier to know what I am taking in. If anyone reads this, I could sure use some encouragement. I'll continue to post occasionally but if anyone has a similar situation I would like to hear from you. Thanks.

Replies

• blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    MFP gets easier the more you use it. Sorry to hear about your back. Good luck with your health goals.