Weird/funny things you did as a kid

laurasuzie3
laurasuzie3 Posts: 493 Member
So I'm the youngest by many years in my family, so I always get to hear about the weird s*** I said and did as a kid. Some of them include: eating paper and acting like I was in love with my Ken dolls.

The MOST embarrassing/weirdest thing I did when I was really little (about 3 or 4) was kiss my family members. Not NORMAL small kisses on the lips, but wet opened mouthed french kisses... let's just say I spent a lot of time watching tv without a lot of adult supervision... haha

So feel free to share creepy, weird, or embarrassing stories from your childhood... cause we might as well laugh about it now...

Replies

• Rockerbabe131
    Rockerbabe131 Posts: 67 Member
    We used to ride our bikes through mud puddles and pretend they were horses. :)
  • summerhaze71
    summerhaze71 Posts: 1,204 Member
    My sister and I would put on plays for my mom... we'd spend hours practicing. I remember we acted out King Midas and Rumpelstiltskin. I'm sure we were simply awful, but it sure was fun!
  • laurasuzie3
    My sister and I would put on plays for my mom... we'd spend hours practicing. I remember we acted out King Midas and Rumpelstiltskin. I'm sure we were simply awful, but it sure was fun!

It's okay I use to reenact scenes from "The Wizard Of Oz" for my family... by myself.
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    No matter what meal I was meant to be choosing for I would demand carrots when asked what I wanted. My parents maintain to this day my skin had a distinctly orange tinge.

My sisters used to stuff toys down my elasticated pajama bottoms and make me walk around pretending to be some kind of transformer monster.
  • veemcee
    veemcee Posts: 30 Member
    In Michael Jackson's "Remember the Time", he says "On the phone, you and me..til dawn, til three, what about us girl!"

I thought that if I picked up the phone when he said it, he would be on the phone waiting to talk to me. He never was. :(
  • I was a thrill seeker...and loved climbing up the ladders to the rooftops in San francisco. :)
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    We used to ride our bikes through mud puddles and pretend they were horses. :)

We did this too. I had a red Ross 10-speed I called "Cinnamon"...we would also gallop around my backyard on make believe horses, jumping over the picnic benches.

We used to have contests to see who could stand barefoot the longest on the hot asphalt driveway.

I would play waitress when my parents had friends over for parties. I'd write down the guests' orders and draw them pictures of whatever food they wanted.

My friends and I would make "potions" out of our mom's lotions and powders and other beauty supplies.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    My brother & I had a standard poodle cockapoo who loved to wrestle with us. We would play rodeo - one of us would hold her back while the other ran out on a stick horse with a rope and shook it around like a snake. When we let go of her she would run for the rope and bite the end and hold on and tussle with us. The person who held her would actually run out on their stick horse, 'hop off', and flank her just like a calf. Pick her up and thump her down on her side, then tie three legs. She never let go of the rope and always came back for more. We would take turns being the tie down roper. For hours. She loved that game and would get all excited when we pulled out the stick horses and rope. We did this on the front lawn in front of the neighbours... no one ever said anything. They must have thought it was pretty funny though.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    edited December 2014
    I took stuff WAAAAY too seriously as a child. I'd get on a total jag of reading about something and it caused my parents major grief because it wasn't anything simple like dinosaurs or sports...but things like the Holocaust, executions, the book of Revelations in the Christian Bible, and the gory medical details of childbirth. I was like 6-7 years old reading about this stuff and they regularly had to bring in a theology professor and physician and of course a counselor to talk with me...scarred for life LOL. Once after reading some stuff in Revelations I saw a Harvest moon and was hysterical thinking the moon turned to blood and we were all going to die.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Bloody Mary. I still can't do it.

My sister and I would make elaborate dance routines and force people to sit down and watch them.

We had a pool and I always pretended I was Ariel - singing and all.

We used to crush rose petals in water to make "perfume" (it smelled like dirt).
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    My cousin and I used to pretend we were Solid Gold dancers and dance on a chair as stage prop.
  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    My mom has narcolepsy. We would wait until she was in that almost asleep, almost awake state and ask permission to do things. She always said yes. I think the worst thing we got permission to do was climb on the rooftop and slide down.
  • aSaltandBattery
    aSaltandBattery Posts: 82 Member
    My cousins and I used to use my grandmother's sheets to pull each other (or all roll up like a burrito) to go down the hill in her backyard during the summer. It was grass sledding lol :#
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    When I was little, before I had taken swimming lessons, I would jump into the deep end of the pool in our backyard and sink to the bottom and just sit there. My mom had to jump in numerous times fully clothed to pull me back up to the top.
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    I used to make my barbies have scandalous affairs with another doll's Ken. Barbie would find out about the affair and call the other one a slut. Obviously my parents weren't regulating the programs I was watching on t.v. LOL
  • veemcee
    veemcee Posts: 30 Member
    I took stuff WAAAAY too seriously as a child... Once after reading some stuff in Revelations I saw a Harvest moon and was hysterical thinking the moon turned to blood and we were all going to die.

Well if it makes you feel any better I read Revelations for the first time last year and it took me about a month to shake it off... And i'm 27. :\
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    edited December 2014
    Played barefoot in the snow, screaming "Yeti lives".
  • AkCyclist
    AkCyclist Posts: 1,200 Member
    Rubbed dirt and water all over my parents vehicles with a friend and told them a dust storm came and got the vehicles dirty.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    I used to make mud bricks using mum's good tuppaware.
  • AkCyclist
    AkCyclist Posts: 1,200 Member
    blueakama wrote: »

We could've been friends
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    AkCyclist wrote: »
    blueakama wrote: »

We could've been friends

I think we would have lead each other astray ;)
  • laurasuzie3
    T7OMFD wrote: »
    So I'm the youngest by many years in my family, so I always get to hear about the weird s*** I said and did as a kid. Some of them include: eating paper and acting like I was in love with my Ken dolls.

The MOST embarrassing/weirdest thing I did when I was really little (about 3 or 4) was kiss my family members. Not NORMAL small kisses on the lips, but wet opened mouthed french kisses... let's just say I spent a lot of time watching tv without a lot of adult supervision... haha

So feel free to share creepy, weird, or embarrassing stories from your childhood... cause we might as well laugh about it now...

And you said you didn't have your first kiss until you were 19. LIAR!!!!!!!

Kisses as a child don't count :P
  • laurasuzie3
    I took stuff WAAAAY too seriously as a child. I'd get on a total jag of reading about something and it caused my parents major grief because it wasn't anything simple like dinosaurs or sports...but things like the Holocaust, executions, the book of Revelations in the Christian Bible, and the gory medical details of childbirth. I was like 6-7 years old reading about this stuff and they regularly had to bring in a theology professor and physician and of course a counselor to talk with me...scarred for life LOL. Once after reading some stuff in Revelations I saw a Harvest moon and was hysterical thinking the moon turned to blood and we were all going to die.

Sounds kind like me... I was obsessed with the paranormal and murder cases (And still am actually). My mom was so disturbed by it. She didn't mind me watching things about ghosts so much but would ban me from watching "Unsolved Mysteries". I would turn it on secretly though when she was in the shower or if I was home alone. haha
  • My neighbor didnt take care of her baby so when I was 11 n my sister was 6 we decided to ask if we could babysit him . And the mom who knew where we lived let us but didnt even know us lol . We took him a bath lol you know a baby make over n then took him back home.