Did anyone have plantar fasciitis go away with just weight loss?

Options
I live in hope.

Replies

• catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yes, i did, and now i've gained weight again, and its come back, hence trying to lose again! Its not guaranteed but should definately help. I also wear insoles that were shaped to my feet in a running shop, i cried when they put them in, it made such a huge difference. Hope you reach your goals, its so much more than looking good! x
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,656 Member
    Options
    When I had PF I was referred to a podiatrist who gave me off the shelf arch supports and prescribed calf stretches. The stretching consisted on standing on a tilted board, with the toes raised for several minutes a few times a day. I set up the stretching station (a cutting board with the edge leaning on a telephone book) at strategic spots around the house (for use while brushing teeth, doing food prep). My symptoms disappeared in a few weeks.
  • halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I suffered from it for 18 mos despite doing all the stretches, icing, rolling, inserts, etc. It never got better until I went and got 2 steroid shots. That improved it quite a bit, and since then I lost 75 pounds and (knock wood) it has been much better. Did the weight loss help? I am sure it did. While not a panacea, it certainly won't hurt.
    Mike
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I think this might help.
    Get Superfeet insoles or some other good arch supports,
    And,
    try these stretches.
    https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/ortho/foot-ankle/_documents/plantarfasciitisteachingsheet.pdf
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Several times. PF pain tends to be the first indicator it is time for me to lose some weight.