Biggest Loser Challenge

Options
I am currently in the final week of a biggest loser challenge, I need a HUGE Loss in my FINAL week.

This contest has been about changing to a healthy and it's been quite succesful, in 5 weeks i've gone from 235.6 to 216.

I need to get to about 208 in the next 7 days. I'm willing to take it all a step further for this week, but I need your help!

How much cardio and when..

I've been working out daily with cardio and classes ranging from 40 to 60 minutes.. very low weight high rep circuits.

Someone suggested Water loading and cutting it out on day 6. 3 medium intensity cardio sessions.

What foods? Chicken, eggs, egg whites, turkey, broccoli, peppers, celery, asparagus?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Is that really healthy?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    yeah...NO!

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    So, you have averaged an astonishing 4 lbs. a week and now you think you can find a healthy way to double that? 8 pound losses happen at the beginning of diets, when you first change your habits and your body cleans out some extra water, and then only for some people.

Dehydration is a path to hospitalization.
    Over exercise without proper supervision is a path to injury (and even without injury, likely to cause water retention).
    Extreme limitations on your diet without a plan to transition back to reality are a path to binging.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    My company does an annual health fair. They check your BP, cholesterol, determine your BMI and blood glucose. The main point of the exercise is to make people more aware of their health. They hand out gift cards for participation. There's no bonus for losing weight or penalty for gaining weight.

These Biggest Loser Challenges promote unhealthy weight loss. Losing muscle mass and dehydrating yourself to win a contest is dumb.
  • cathiggs
    cathiggs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Losing more then 1-2lb a week really isnt health at all. The biggest loser programme just promotes an unhealthy weight loss. If you want to keep it of long term then slow the weight loss down and start doing some weight training
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Not all cardio is the same, but if you were going to do it cycling, you're looking at 6 hours of cycling per day, at 12-14 mph, just to burn the required calories. You would actually need to do more than that, because you can't do that much cardio on fat reserves alone. Not to mention, if you haven't conditioned yourself to ride for that long, you will likely injure yourself with a cramped muscle and certainly you will be saddle sore before you finish the first day. Then there's the problem that because you will have sore muscles, you'll be retaining water. I suspect that a person who is conditioned for it could loss that much weight safely in a week, but a person who isn't is just going to do more harm than good. The difference between a grossly overweight person and one who isn't is that by carrying so much weight around, they've actually conditioned themselves to burn a significantly higher number of calories doing normal stuff than what lighter people can.