Insanity - Does it work as well as I am hoping?

Options
My sister has recommended that I follow the insanity workout DVD - I am looking at using this to keep myself motivated & to lose weight over a period of about 2 1/2 months.

Can anyone share a success story with or with pictures. In need of motivation!!

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Most of weight loss comes from your eating. Working out is for fitness. And no exercise is a miracle.
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen it's very intense and can cause joint pain in your knees and ankles if done wrong, but if done right and kept to has amazing results!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i got pretty good results... my fitness increased loads, and i lost a fair bit of bodyfat.

• Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I did the first ones for 2 months. At first I couldn't even remotely keep up, so I focused on form more than anything, so don't get discouraged if you can't keep up at first. It took me a good month to be able to keep up.
    I lost 14 pounds in 2 months, but I was 40 pounds over weight at the time.
    Other than the weight loss I gained a TON of muscle, definition in my legs and arms and increased my core strength massively.
    I love Insanity after I do it (which I just do occasionally now) but I do hate Shawn at the time! lol
  • AlexandraWilliams19
    Options
    Thanks guys, this is all really helpful. I am 5 foot 8 and currently 199lbs. I would love to lose fat & tone up, plus get healthier. My wedding is late April so this is my goal to be able to get into better shape and look great! :)
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Unless you can get it for free, I'd say it's a complete waste of money. You don't need to pay for workout videos when there are so many free options out there. But I suppose if you've go the money to throw away, go for it.

Weight loss happens in the kitchen. Exercise helps, sure, but it's very difficult to out-exercise a bad diet. If you're eating at an appropriate deficit while doing Insanity, I'm sure it works just fine (just like it would with free workout videos on YouTube and a caloric deficit).

There's nothing special about Insanity. It's just another person getting rich by saying their product is better than anyone else's when it really isn't.