Looking for walking trails near me, are there any websites out there that help with this?

Options
I tried using trails.com but nothing really came up and I also tried using mapmywalk...there were some on that website but it doesn't specifically say where it is and how to get there. I'm just confused! I want to find a nice walking trail!!!

Thanks!

Replies

• dwood1231
    dwood1231 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I see you Maryland, try the states website, I am pretty sure the battlefields all have walking trails.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I use Wikiloc A had to pay a small one-off fee for the app but found quite a few local trails on it. I've also been uploading other trails I've done to help encourage more users onto the site. I love being able to follow trails by GPS as there's less chance of me getting lost!
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I use AllTrails to find hiking trails.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I use AllTrails to find hiking trails.
    This or you can even use Google Maps. Turn on the biking layer and you'll see lots of trails that way.
  • turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    All very good ideas! Thanks! I'm gunna try em out and see if I can find something.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there are any converted railways in Maryland but there are a few where I live so it might be worth a look. http://www.railstotrails.org/
  • DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't know where in MD you live, but if you're anywhere close to VA, there's a lot of great options! There's the Washington and Old Dominion trail, that goes from Arlington to Purcellville, and also the Mt. Vernon trail that goes from Rosslyn to Mt. Vernon. Both of those have parking. There's also a great trail in Rock Creek Park.

I also found alltrails.com. You can input your zipcode, and it finds tons of options. I used a DC zipcode and found a few in MD (Patapsco Valley State Park in Baltimore County, and a one in Potomac, MD for example).