Transformation Challenge Help

Options
Hello! I've joined a transformation challenge that goes 12 weeks. What's the best way to go about this? I really want to do well but I'm overwhelmed and looking for some solid advice on where to start. I know calorie deficit and exercise. Anything else? Thanks!

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've joined a transformation challenge that goes 12 weeks. What's the best way to go about this? I really want to do well but I'm overwhelmed and looking for some solid advice on where to start. I know calorie deficit and exercise. Anything else? Thanks!
    What type of tranformation? Simple weight loss or fat loss, too?

It's really just about calories in vs. calories out. Keep in mind, though, that calorie deficit is the key. Exercise will give you more calories to either create a larger deficit or be able to eat more while maintaining your chosen deficit.

I'd highly suggest adding some strength training to your exercise routine, as well. Not only will it help you to retain muscle you'd otherwise lose while shedding pounds but you'll gain some muscle at first (newbie gains) and that would help with your body fat % if that's a part of your challenge.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options