Worst Christmas Present

Options
The_Enginerd
The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
What is the worst Christmas present you've received or given/seen someone receive?

I don't think I've ever received a truly terrible present. The worst I received was an XM radio car kit. I had a really short drive to work (5 minutes) so there was no point in paying a subscription for radio that I would barely listen to, even if I was inclined to pay for radio (I'm not...). The radio on my car wasn't XM ready either.

I think the worst present I've ever seen someone receive was a friend who received a dirt bike as a teenager. Wait, your thinking, that sounds like an awesome present! And it is... except when your parents reveal it to you and then tell you "you'll have to work to pay us back for it..."

Replies

• adman50
    adman50 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The worst present as a kid was always the £10 WH Smith voucher- thanks for some stationary for Xmas...lovely!

Since being grown up been given socks, pants and ties....where are the PS4 games at!?
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I was dating one idiot who asked me on my birthday (Remembrance Day) if I would like a stereo and I said no. Guess what I got for christmas? He even said he gave it to me because he assumed we would shack up and then it would be in his house.

He also asked me if I like lingerie. I responded "Is it pretty and lacey and silky or crotchless and edible?" Evidently he didn't get it because I received dollar store slut wear.
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband would buy me gifts he thought I should use. Elliptical machine, kitchen appliances and cookware. Apparently he wanted me to be skinny and cook a lot.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband would buy me gifts he thought I should use. Elliptical machine, kitchen appliances and cookware. Apparently he wanted me to be skinny and cook a lot.

You should have returned the favor and bought him a blanket and pillow for the couch.
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I know I should be thankful, but when I was in 4th grade my parents bought me a black (Faux) fur coat. I'm a guy! I was devastated and apparently didn't say thank you quick enough, so got yelled at and told I was ungrateful. Needless to say it shamed me into wearing it to school and it was HELL!

Luckily it went really well with my Military Style Crew Cut, especially since it was the 70's and all the other guys had hair to their shoulders and I was the short fat kid in school that everyone already picked on. Nothing like adding a little gas to the fire!

Don't get me wrong, I had a decent childhood and am blessed for what I had growing up, but I still wake up at night in a cold sweat dreaming about that coat. In my mind, spring arrived on New Years day that year, and I didn't need a coat!
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The worst gift I've received was from my sister, whom I love dearly and is usually really good at gift giving. She got me a two-foot tall, 3D, metal K (my first name starts with a K). This thing was poorly welded together, rusty, and sharp. (She got it from a major department store.) Within an hour of receiving it, Mr. Pineapple accidentally stepped on the corner and cut his foot open.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Many years ago, my great aunt bought me soap on a rope because she had never seen anything like it before and thought it was incredibly clever. I didn’t care for it (what 10 year old wants soap for Christmas?), but my mother insisted that I write an effusive thank you letter. I dashed through it and sent it off. Apparently, I did too good a job, because the next year, I got soap and a note saying that she knew how much I loved soap on a rope, but she couldn’t find it this year, so she bought me the next best thing. Until the day she died, I got soap from her every year thereafter.
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    My ex husband and I haven't been together for 17 yrs. His mother still gives me a Christmas gift, which is very sweet of her, but 4 yrs ago, she gave me a framed wedding picture...of MY wedding!
  • moogplayer
    moogplayer Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Haha wow ^^^
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    A co-worker once got me one of those gigantic chocolate chip cookies the size of a manhole cover. He dropped it on the floor as he was handing it to me - it basically smashed into a fine powder; he grabbed a dustpan & broom, swept it up into a ziploc and handed it to me saying "sorry about that".
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    My sister sells Avon, so she likes to give me Avon stuff which I'm sure she got for free. Often this includes jewelry sets consisting of a necklace and earrings.

My ears have been 6 gauge for years.
  • melmelw80
    melmelw80 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My ex gave me a shower head. And not the good vibrating massaging kind either!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    melmelw80 wrote: »
    So he didn't give you good head...aye?
  • melmelw80
    melmelw80 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    melmelw80 wrote: »
    So he didn't give you good head...aye?

In more ways than one!
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    When my sis was 16 (I was 11) she had just gotten her driver's license. The last present under the tree was a small box. When she opened it, there was a key. Our parents said, "That goes to the neighbor's garage. Go ahead, check it out!"

We bolted next door, all excited, chattering and squealing. When we unlocked and opened the garage, there were our two new ten-speed bikes.

Nice gifts actually, but... cruel.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    One taco bowl. Didn't even know such a thing existed.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    my father in law gave me a washboard and clothsline and clothespins and said I got you a washer and dryer. he thought it was hilarious. I did not.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options

You should have returned the favor and bought him a blanket and pillow for the couch.

No way, he definitely needed a penis pump.

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    a pair of candy cane earrings

but i could rock them if i wanted im sure