I'm getting there! (with candid bathroom pics, use caution)

Options
So... my journey has been full of ups and downs. More downs than ups, but I always get motivated again somehow! My daughter will be turning 9 this month, and I can't even tell you how it has changed my life, let alone my body. Before she was born, I weighed 151lbs. During my pregnancy I got up to 182 lbs, but after her birth the weight did not come off. I have always had terrible eating habits but they never crept up on me until my mid twenties. I had fast food for lunch every day. I ate a LOT of food. I always told myself that 1 meal wouldn't make a difference - but keep telling yourself that for years and years and it's bound to add up. And it did. I got divorced in 2011 and decided to take charge of my health. I was depressed, unmotivated and all around unhealthy. Since 2005 I've lost 55 lbs, but that has fluctuated at points. I'm finally down to the lowest weight I've been since I was probably in my late teens/early twenties. It didn't happen overnight, it's been a constant battle between wanting to indulge and be lazy vs getting up, moving and watching what I eat. I may be borderline obsessive, but I feel that's better than the alternative. I'm learning to have self confidence and more self-esteem again. I've since met a wonderful man who makes me feel great about myself whether I am having a lazy day or kicking butt in the weight room. So here are my work in progress pictures, please don't mind the stretch marks/shelf -- I'm working hard on shelf, but those stretch marks are here to stay!! Also don't mind the granny panties, it's not date night.

8f21c5d9-6f18-4580-b068-0136d604e91b_zpscf4f8071.jpg
IMG_0371_zps5e897fe1.jpg
IMG_0370_zps0470a7a8.jpg
IMG_0372_zps9be80c13.jpg

Replies

• FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Well done! Keep it up!
  • thaatgurl
    thaatgurl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You earned those tiger stripes, gurl! Wear them proudly. And I adore your bra. Where'd you get it? I think I might need one. :smile:

Congratulations on your journey. You look amazing! And kudos for posting pics. (I haven't found the courage for that yet.)
  • Hope2BFit81
    Hope2BFit81 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's from Victoria's Secret -- thanks :D Just keep at it and don't get discouraged on bad days. Today I'm having a good day, hence the courage to post pics :#
  • _SandShoveller_
    _SandShoveller_ Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    @HopetoBFit81 - i think you have done WAAAAY more than HOPE! Sounds and looks like you have ACHIEVED it . . . congrats - be proud, and no offence taken at granny pants!
  • Hope2BFit81
    Options
    Here is a face comparison:
    0201141305_0001_zpsf994b9db.jpg
    Today
    IMG_0373_zps23a7b05b.jpg
  • Hope2BFit81
    Options
    @HopetoBFit81 - i think you have done WAAAAY more than HOPE! Sounds and looks like you have ACHIEVED it . . . congrats - be proud, and no offence taken at granny pants!

Thanks SandShoveller :)
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Great work :) You should be proud!

Healthy is the goal, not weight! (easier said than done, LOL)
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Good job.
  • Johnny_Resets
    Johnny_Resets Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous, inspirational and FIT! Great job!! B)
  • HfxJMac
    HfxJMac Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome - congratulations. Great achievement!
  • playtime69
    Options
    Absolutely gorgeous!!
  • blueridgeloner
    blueridgeloner Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    WOW, you are beautiful! Congratulations
  • emailme178
    emailme178 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    dayyyyyyammmm girl lol! beautiful face :)
  • emailme178
    emailme178 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    what do you weigh now and also are those real cuz they look amazeballs!!!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful! Be proud!
  • kar2083
    kar2083 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!
  • cantumelia
    cantumelia Posts: 59 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    With some tretinoin and needling your stretch marks could be less visible. Go find some info on needling. You´ll never loose those stretch marks but you can improve their appeareance.
    By the way, thanks for the inspiration and well done!.
  • Hope2BFit81
    Options
    emailme178 wrote: »
    what do you weigh now and also are those real cuz they look amazeballs!!!

Haha, yes they're real :) I am 5'4.5" and weigh 127 lbs. Still would like to lose 10 or so more, firm up a bit.
  • Hope2BFit81
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I posted this for myself, to confirm that I'm on the right track. But I won't lie, the compliments are nice :p
  • Hope2BFit81
    Options
    cantumelia wrote: »
    With some tretinoin and needling your stretch marks could be less visible. Go find some info on needling. You´ll never loose those stretch marks but you can improve their appeareance.
    By the way, thanks for the inspiration and well done!.

Anything with the word needle in it isn't for me. And thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!