What kind of scale do you use.

Options
I am in the market to purchase a scale so that I can start weighing myself weekly at home. What is a good scale to use and where did you get yours.

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit Aria scale. It retails for $129.99 I think. I only picked it up because I had left over christmas gift cards. It's a pretty nice scale and automatically syncs to the app on my phone so I can keep track and with my fitbit online profile. It also measures out body fat % (It's an estimate) and can keep several different profiles stored.

I did have "the biggest loser scale" I can't remember the brand but it was much cheaper and also was pretty accurate. Hope this helps :)
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    +1 for the Aria scale
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    the $12 Health O' Meter from Walmart...keeps track of 2 people's weight and has lasted 8 yrs so far.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    some nice digital scale that was on special for $3 at a local pharmacy "regular price $30"...actually seeing that special deal made me decide to start using MFP and weighing regularly...total lark 2 years ago haha
  • eat_hike_b33r
    eat_hike_b33r Posts: 82 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I just ordered this scale - its getting delivered today so I can't say if I like it yet, but it was recommended to me by a few people and its pretty cheap/no frills which I like:)

http://www.amazon.ca/EatSmart-Precision-Bathroom-3-5-Inch-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808

I should add you can order it in USA also, for less $
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Don't get the one I have, it only goes up and never down! It can really throw your motivation off!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I indulged in a FitBit Aria this weekend because I want to understand my fluctuations. It has pretty well guaranteed satisfaction, as it has recorded a loss three days in a row!

It also helps that I already use a FitBit Zip, so I'm all registered and ready to go.

Hubby won't be able to use it unless he registers, LOL!
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I use a Weight Watchers digital scale, about $20 at Kmart. It keeps track of my starting weight, weight I've lost or gained, and my goal weight. It's very accurate, lightweight and slim.
  • bhenchey
    bhenchey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just want to recommend to everyone that no matter which scale you buy, be sure to CHECK ITS PRECISION! And to be clear, precision is not the same as accuracy:

Accuracy-vs-precision1.jpg

...thus precision is how REPEATABLE your results are. Most of us here are most interested in the (negative) change in our weight, not the number in of itself.

Why do I mention this? -- because like mram3582 I too bought a cheap "Health O'Meter" mid-price digital scale from Walmart and within a five minute period without changing clothes nor eating/drinking/evacuating(sorry..), with stepping on the scale five times, I would get five VERY DIFFERENT measurements. So I returned the scale.

So again: whatever scale you get, be sure to test -- without making any changes to your weight -- several times to ensure the scale gives you the same (or very close to the same) number. If it doesn't, return it.
    mram3582 wrote: »
    the $12 Health O' Meter from Walmart...keeps track of 2 people's weight and has lasted 8 yrs so far.
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at Walmart. I have been eyeing Fitbit's scale though.
  • CharleneMarie723
    CharleneMarie723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have the Weight Watcher's One from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It weighs everyone about 1lb heavier but it is VERY consistent.
  • operation6pack
    operation6pack Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use a weight watchers scale as well. Got it from Bed Bath and Beyond. I think it was 30 something dollars. It measures your weight, bmi, water, bone, muscle and something else.
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just use a digital I bought at a chain store. It does ok. It changes a bit if I place it in different locations on the same floor. I don't mind it.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options