Peanut butter craving

Options
2»

Replies

• imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Now I want peanut butter...ontop of an oreo...maybe with a smudge of nutella.
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is a food group. Can't live without it!!!! I have some on my toast at breakfast and the rest of the time I eat PB2.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I have to have Peanut Butter every day or I turn into a major b!tch. LOL PB2 is NOT gonna cut it. I only use it in baking or smoothies.

I have noticed that if my diet has been a little low on fat, I will crave it more than normal.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I eat it everyday too. I love it. I just make sure to stick with one serving and include it in my cals for the day.
  • purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Not sure why this says its $42 but this peanut butter is lower calorie (although much lower in protein) and I find it to be a great replacement when I need a fix :P

http://www.walmart.com/ip/17770152?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=21486607510&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I eat lowfat peanut butter cheese crackers everyday and have actually seen my body fat % go down. I do make sure it fits in my calories and macros. It's helped me cure my cravings for other sweet things. I'll continue to eat it until M&Ms comes out with a protein version.
  • sailawaykate
    sailawaykate Posts: 126
    Options
    Peanut butter + morning oatmeal = deliciousness.

Concerned about oils/sugars? Go to the bulk aisle and grind your own. It's literally just peanuts and tastes amaze-balls.
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    as long as you understand the serving sizes. most people don't realize how small 2 tbsp actually is. a few scoops and you're already into 600 calories.

i personally go for the almond butter by marantha i believe and use only 2 tbsp. i then mix it with some water and some powder peanut butter like pb2 or just great stuff (both found at health food super markets). has almost non of the fat (yes peanut butter has good fat but you surely don't need 6 tbsp worth...so i mix with this so that i get MORE of the stuff without loading on the fats and calories
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter + morning oatmeal = deliciousness.

Concerned about oils/sugars? Go to the bulk aisle and grind your own. It's literally just peanuts and tastes amaze-balls.

There is an amish market not far from us and they make all kinds of nut butters-you can watch them grind it from the nuts themselves (Cashew butter is also very tasty...they also do almond and walnut butter, but I crave the peanut taste).

I'm not worried necessarily about the calorie/fat content because I am able to fit it into my daily allotment. I was just curious if anybody craved it to the point where you felt you HAD to have it every day...I mean...aside from coffee, it's one of my NEED foods/drinks.
  • pbandz
    pbandz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I really want peanut butter now. I'm glad I read this though, I won't feel bad about having a little peanut butter on my apples sometimes.
  • rhondaec
    rhondaec Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I usually have a tbls of PB and a banana every day and sometimes I put peanut butter on a piece of sara lee 45 calorie 100% wheat bread and roll my banana in it and eat it that way. Love my PB! :love:
  • koko12
    koko12 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    nothin wrong with peanut butta! you can try PB2 if youre worried about calories.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your calories, then no problem - it has protein which is important to keep you healthy and active.
  • janebshaw
    janebshaw Posts: 168
    Options
    I also eat peanut butter almost every day. Unless you have an allergy to peanuts, it's very healthy!
  • k_saenz
    k_saenz Posts: 126
    Options
    I can't buy peanut butter... I eat the jar in about 3 days lol. I have no control when it's in the house. Gone I think 3 days without it. May get some next week though to celebrate my birthday :wink:
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a little PB! My brother eats 2 big spoonfuls of it everyday for breakfast and he is quite fit (collegiate athlete...I am jealous).

Beyond calories, watch out for trans fats (if you didn't know, they can list trans fats as 0g if it has <.5g/serving...which can add up if you are having it every day)...just so tough on the heart and the cholesterol. Just check the ingredient list whenever you pick out your jar and make sure there are no partially hydrogenated oils. I hear fully hydrogenated oils are better, but still...a product w/o anything "hydrogenated" in it is probably better haha

Or if you want to really regulate your consumption, you could make it at home from scratch! That way you only have a limited supply and have to put in an effort to get more if you run out...you'll probably eat less. Ration the peanut butter ;) It's actually pretty simple to make

I hope I don't sound preachy at all...I hate when someone gives an unsolicited opinion on their food choices. I hope I didn't cross into that territory from helpful to annoying!