It's my birthday again

Options
33Freya
33Freya Posts: 468 Member
edited December 2014 in Success Stories
5f5ci1q1m99c.jpg

And since I got really heavy and decided to make a change, I have been comparing year over year. The first pic: eh over 212: I stayed away from scales. I just know I was heavy and and had given in to the plus size section of the store. The second pic: 195. Third, 190. Current 185.

Fast weigh loss doesn't work. Fad diets and pills don't work. Well okay they do, but you're almost guaranteed to gain it all back and more, and more fat that muscle on the regain at that... I tried many of these options, only to lose weight and gain more back.

Slow and steady is the way to go. I started making changes, one by one. I still have a ways to go, and I'm working on it, though at times I fall off the wagon diet and exercise wise... I gain some back, and then get back to it. The point is I keep getting back to it.

No more lying to myself, no more denial. No more avoiding the scale, the smaller clothes I try on from time to time to check progress, or the mirror. I am as I am, and I allow that to keep me on track, even if sporadically.

I do know that I gain weight when I stop logging. and once I stop, it's really difficult to get back into the habit. MFP has helped tremendously. The success stories, the community- it's been awesome. Here's to next year. Here's to getting down to size and hitting NSV goals. Here's to you, Fellow MFP'er.

Replies

• blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Birthdays can be a motivator. I'm using my next one as my goal date. Good luck with your journey.
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I like how you're using your birthday pics, great idea! Congrats!
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My Bday is this Saturday, Happy Birthday fellow Sag!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    You already know I think you're fabulous!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    So lovely. Happy birthday. B)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday my friend :)
  • GalgoMomAnita
    GalgoMomAnita Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'd tell you to have a happy birthday, but it looks like you already are :) I'm looking to 50 next year and intend to arrive there in much better condition than I arrived at 49!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    If you had not put numbers up I would not have known your weight ... because you look fabulous!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! Other than the first one, you look great!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday - love reading / seeing about people that have lost weight and kept it off for more than a few months. Congrats.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! Other than the first one, you look great!

Ha yeah I would have deleted that one but a friend of mine had taken it and posted it. It was a terrible picture of me, but no matter what angle, I knew that it told a story about the state of my health at the time, and got me thinking about all the Medifast, Fat2Muscle, 4Hour Body, Atkins, etc etc etc that I had already tried and failed at.

I am in no way willing to eat a restrictive diet any more, nor am I willing to eat expensive powdered food from packets, or high-sodium frozen pre-packed foods or shakes either.

Small changes in baby steps, both dietary and movement, are what have worked for me. It is simple, though not necessarily easy... It is not fast, but it is lasting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!