Need accountability

I need some help with the initial start! I so need to get moving and get healthy, it said I was obese now on the bmi scale, that is something that I don't like to see and am ashamed that I have allowed myself to get in a two year rut! I need out, for me, my kids I don't want to die

Replies

• Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    BMI isn't always the best judge of character. Small changes, baby steps. Find out your TDEE and cut from there. Even dropping your count as little as 250 calories a day, quite often just one average snack, you can start making a difference in your life. Once you start seeing a little change happening that might be the catalyst you need to tackle bigger challenges.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I need some help with the initial start! I so need to get moving and get healthy, it said I was obese now on the bmi scale, that is something that I don't like to see and am ashamed that I have allowed myself to get in a two year rut! I need out, for me, my kids I don't want to die

start logging everything - accountability in a nutshell
  • alisonmarie85
    alisonmarie85 Posts: 55 Member
    Logging everything doesn't do much for accountability for me personally. Weekends come around and I easily forget / don't want to post the rubbish I've eaten. What has worked for me (in the past, since I've jumped back on the lazy train), is making a calendar, and highlighting off the days that I worked out / ate really well. It shows me how far I've come and why I shouldn't just quit. damn... I should get on that again!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited December 2014
    Develop healthy eating and exercise behaviors and you'll change your and your kid's lives. It just takes time and consistency. You can do it. When you feel like you just want to give up, remember that you are doing it for your kids, so you can set the right example and be around for them as long as possible. ~30 minutes of intense exercise 5-6 days/week and healthy nutrition (at appropriate calorie and macro goals) will do it for you. If you need anything, please let me know. I'm always happy to help out.

Also, find a great support group filled with other people on the same journey. My support groups through Facebook were really the difference maker for me.

Allan