How to stay motivated?

Options
I started my journey in march, since then lost almost 16kg. In four days i am on holiday for three weeks. The last +- two weeks i have really been slacking off. I am just tired of worrying about what i eat my kjs etc etc....I have this desire to just live and eat and whatever, but i also want to loose more.... and not get fat again. Any advice how to stay motivated. I think sometimes i get so much compliments that and the fact that its almost my holiday... i just wanna eat what i want drink what i want...i am struggling with this because i know i need to still loose more..... i really need help to get motivated and strict again.....I would probally not really worry and just eat and enjoy my holiday. Just scared getting back on track will be hard and scared of gaining over holiday???

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    While I completely empathize with your situation, the harsh reality is only you can motivate yourself. No one will be with you on vacation/holiday standing at your shoulder telling you not to eat this or that, you will need to police yourself. I would highly suggest that you sit down and make a list of the reasons why you still want to lose weight. No reason is better or worse than another and there's nothing wrong with "I want to look sexy", either. Then make a list of reasons why you should just be able to let yourself eat whatever you feel like eating at the moment. Take a good look at the two lists and decide which one is more important to you. Some people find it helpful to post the first list in a place they will see it every day (the bathroom mirror, the refrigerator, etc.) as a constant reminder of why they continue to put in the effort.

Another option is to just switch to maintenance mode for awhile. Sometimes we all need a break and there's nothing wrong with that. I'd suggest if you decide to go this route that you continue to weigh yourself at least weekly to make sure that you aren't letting your weight creep back up again.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    how about you plan 2 things...

1) Plan to thoroughly decadently enjoy your holiday. It's what you're motivated to do right?
    2) During that week, plan your return. You aren't Falling Off The Wagon! The wagon just stopped at a gas station and jumping off to pee and get snacks. So if the week after your holiday is already mapped out - it won't be hard at all to stay on track. All you have to do is meet your next appointment with yourself!

There will be holidays for the rest of your life. It's okay to enjoy them all.

It's more important to worry about your behavior between New Years and Christmas, not Christmas and New Years!

Good luck!!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Motivation? What has motivation to do with it? You work out and diet when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the guitar. It's not for dieting and working out. (Apologies to Frank Herbert)
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    How To Handle Big Days – Worried about Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner? Wedding coming up? Excellent tips here. Nick used to weigh 315 lbs. http://youtu.be/w7GHDihPyvo
  • autopilot_off
    autopilot_off Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Focus on enjoying the quality of the food you eat rather than the quantity. You can still enjoy the myriad of deliciousness that permeates the holiday season, just do it in portions that make sense to you and your goals. Maybe you'll gain, maybe you won't but isn't the idea to be in control of you?.