Adding a new exercise

Options
Does anyone know how to add a new exercise or know where I can find the info? I take a combat class 4Xs a week but I cannot find anything similar. Thank you. :)

Replies

• anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If you go into Exercise, click on my exercise and there is a tab where you can create your own exercises. I do it all the time now because i have a heart rate monitor :) Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • LittleWarriorBee
    LittleWarriorBee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! The only thing is, how do I determine how many calories are burned?? I do a combat class. Sometimes it is boxing and sometimes it is kick-boxing but it is considered a conditioning class.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    There are entries for kickboxing and boxing so just pick the one that's closest to what you actually did that day. I will caution you, however, if you don't know the calories burned you're just blindly guessing. MFP is already doing that with a lot of its entries because it has no way of knowing your level of effort during the class. Be very, very wary of using a calorie burn that is too high. If you plan to eat back those calories, as MFP will have you do, an overestimated number is going to slow or even stall your weight loss.

If you don't own a heart rate monitor, and plan to commit to this plan, I'd suggest purchasing one. It's the only way to be anywhere close to accurate.
  • LittleWarriorBee
    LittleWarriorBee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    OK, thank you.