Nutrition values of homemade recipe

Options
Sorry if this has already been answered in another post but...is there an easy way to enter ingredients for a recipe and have MFP calcuate nutrition details? I hate to think I'd have to enter each individual ingredient when I eat a meal made from scratch.

Replies

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you kinda have to.

That said, once you've made a recipe, if you're committed to making that recipe that way every time, you're all set.
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I believe there is a function that if you use a recipe that is available online you can 'import' the ingredients. That would be easier. I've never done it like that. I've always just input each of my ingredients in the recipe builder and then that recipe is saved and I can use it again later.
  • kr65
    kr65 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Recipe builder? That sounds like what I'm looking for. Where do I find that?
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    kr65 wrote: »
    Recipe builder? That sounds like what I'm looking for. Where do I find that?

Under the food heading there is a recipe tab....you can build and edit recipes
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I used recipe builder this morning; not too difficult. The steps to find Recipe Builder on your phone is:
    >Diary
    >Add-Food
    >(Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
    >Recipes (scroll to bottom)
    >Create a New Recipe
    (Follow the prompts)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    For entering online, the steps are:
    >Food
    >Recipe
    >(Select Import Recipe if online, or Add Recipe Manually)
    (Follow the prompts)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    kr65 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been answered in another post but...is there an easy way to enter ingredients for a recipe and have MFP calcuate nutrition details? I hate to think I'd have to enter each individual ingredient when I eat a meal made from scratch.

every. Individual. InGrEdIeNt!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator

This is the link to the recipe builder (the old one, which I highly prefer over the newer one). You do have to enter each ingredient, but if you use the recipe all the time you only have to do it once! When editing, you can simply modify the amount of ingredients if you used 2 cups of lettuce once, but only one cup the next time, etc.

All the best!
  • kr65
    kr65 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Thanks everyone!