Calories Burned Question...

StarryLondon
StarryLondon Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone! I'm pretty new here & my name is Gretchen!! :]

I haven't lost any weight yet even though I'm being healthy and working out...so...I have a question that may be the solution...

I have read the posts for newbies and I now understand that I definitely need to eat the calories I burn from exercising. The problem is that I am not sure how my calories I am actually burning from exercising. I work out about 30-40 minutes everyday on the Step Climber Plus by SLM (plus I do weight lifting exercises with 5 pound weights while I use the stepper). Here's a picture:

Step-Climber-Plus.jpg

It's not like a normal stepper because it's like an "air" stepper. I can't find that type of stepper anywhere on calorie calculators...so I'm not sure how to measure the amount of calories that I'm burning. Anybody know?

Can anyone help me? I am 180 pounds and 5'3.5". Please help...I'm trying so hard...Feeling a little discouraged :(

Thanks!
-Gretchen

Replies

• hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    On my stepper (a different type) but still uses air pressure
    i burn about 90calories every 10minutes
    :)
    im 5'8 and 145lbs
  • yazi_livefit
    yazi_livefit Posts: 51 Member
    This is what I have found out. According to this web site http://www.healthscenefitness.com/home-gyms/cardio-equipment/stair-climbers.aspx You burn approx 250 calories every 30 mins on step climber.

when it comes to Weight lifting you can find it under the "exercise" tab as Strength Training. Just add the minutes and it will calculate your calories.

Do not feel discouraged hon, it takes lots of work, sweat and proper diet to lose the weight. Avoid sugars and eat approx every 3 hours --DO NOT SKIP MEALS OR SNACKS!! and you will see improvement!! :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you guys for the responses! I love this community! :D

I found a calculator that told me 170 calories for my weight but at others, I found 250 or 350! I'll try to get close to 170 just in case....I'm just going to need to experiment with calorie amount because I just don't know my body that well yet.

Thanks for the advice too...it's so hard to eat so much! I'm not used to eating this much. lol
This discussion has been closed.