My Diary

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm very nervous to post this because I know how brutal some members can be, so I'm looking for advice and other thoughts, but try to be helpful and a little gentle in your advice.

I was hoping for someone to take a look at my food log and give me both general feedback, but also specifically how to increase my protein. I'm recently back to MFP so there are only logs for about the last 1.5 weeks. Generally I feel happy and satisfied with my current meals - I'm not starving, the meals fill me up and last, etc. Currently I'm 5'7 and about 220. I'm looking to lose weight slowly and create long term habits that are sustainable so I'm not restricting any foods and am trying to give my body both what it needs AND wants (in moderation).

One last note - I don't have time to cook in the morning which is why I always have a smoothie. At lunch I usually have access to a kitchen, but there are some days that I'm away from my office and don't have the ability to heat things up.

Thanks!

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Your diary looks pretty good overall but you are right you do need more protein. My top 2 suggestions would be more meat for lunch and dinner, and a different protein powder for breakfast. There are plenty of other protein powders with more protein and im sure brown rice powder isnt cheap. Whey is typically the best but egg protein, hemp protein and pea protein are all amazing sources with about 25-30g per serving. Also FANTASTIC job at setting your goals to 1700 calories. great job not undereating and keep up the great work
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Yogurt incorporated could help with protein. Diary looks good.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try Greek yogurt with fruit and nuts in it for a change in the morning (adds about 21-23 g of protein). I usually pack whatever I had for dinner for lunch the next day.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    It looks like you're weighing lots of things, which is great! I also suggest greek yogurt and a better protein powder for your morning smoothie (I'm still searching for a great one on the cheaper side, haven't found any I'm in love with yet!). You can always add more chicken or tuna (or beef or pork lol) for a good dose of protein. I also keep a few pre-mixed protein drinks in my fridge in case I'm low for the day.

Keep up the great work!
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    you could try adding in a snack of unsalted nuts or a quest bar. recently I've been making quiches for breakfast for my boyfriend and me, I have the crust so he'll eat it but you could make a crustless one with egg whites, meat of your choice, veggies, then just precut and refrigerate it for your mornings. Then it's a quick heat up and go with plenty of protein for the start of your day.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Speaking of quiche. You could do the breakfast muffins and have them. Eggs, veggies, cheese, meat if desired in sprayed muffin tin. Someone said they could be frozen also so you could grab and microwave.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy and delicious. I am not sure your current situation so I can't advise what tell on numbers. It looks nutritious!

Great job! I wish I could like string beans! :D
  • mforrestall
    mforrestall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I bought the protein powder when doing an elimination diet with my doctor which is why it's brown rice. I'm almost to the end of it and will certainly look at a different kind when I buy. Yogurt sometimes gives me an upset stomach so I've been hesitant about it, but can certainly incorporate it a few days a week. Thanks for the ideas about the quiche and breakfast muffins, I may try those next week! I'm obsessed with my rice and beans for lunch, but could pretty easily add some chicken in there. Thanks so much for all the ideas and for being kind in your suggestions!