• jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    herrspoons wrote: »
    So is this the new cross fit then?

What does that even mean?

I believe it translates to: "Is this the new fitness fad for elitists?"

Whether or not it's fair, that's what most people think of CrossFit. Branded t-shirts that read "Your workout is my warmup - CROSSFIT" do not help with public perception.
  • regroove
    regroove Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Though costly compared to regular gym memberships, OT is perfect for me. Like others I can have a hard time just getting to the gym and once I'm there it can seem dreary and lonely. OT is compact and intense with supportive, knowledgeable fitness coaches. Once you're there, you're in. It's impossible not to get a good work out, impossible not to leave feeling a sense of accomplishment. I'm addicted to the endorphins and the friendly encouragement of the staff.
  • roblc1
    roblc1 Posts: 3
    Options
    OTF is expensive, but all you have to do is show up, and for someone out of shape, work much harder then I would going to a gym. I am in my fifties, and I am feeling much stronger and have lost 25 pounds. I do the workout I need, and my 21 year old athlete daughter can do the work out she needs, and we both leave feeling we pushed hard. For someone who is used to working out, I am sure you can duplicate it, but for me, there is no way I would do this on my own so it is worth every penny.
  • mck125
    mck125 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Has anyone figured out how to auto-link workout results to MFP?
  • ChristinaDowling
    ChristinaDowling Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    mck125 wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out how to auto-link workout results to MFP?

That is what I'd like to know. I just joined OTF and I love it... it has been the only thing that will motivate me to get on the exercise bandwagon. So I'm sticking with it for that reason - and I like the trainers at my place!

But I want it to integrate with MFP because I don't know how to log it in otherwise! :-)
  • ChristinaDowling
    ChristinaDowling Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    roblc1 wrote: »
    OTF is expensive, but all you have to do is show up, and for someone out of shape, work much harder then I would going to a gym. I am in my fifties, and I am feeling much stronger and have lost 25 pounds. I do the workout I need, and my 21 year old athlete daughter can do the work out she needs, and we both leave feeling we pushed hard. For someone who is used to working out, I am sure you can duplicate it, but for me, there is no way I would do this on my own so it is worth every penny.

Exactly how I feel! :-) I'm in my 50's as well.. and I feel included for the first time! Everyone does what they need and you still get pushed! Besides...I like competing with myself and that darn screen! :-)