anyone wear/like Skechers Shapeups?

Options
Hi!

Does anyone wear and/or like Skechers (sp?) Shapeups shoes? There are other brands - same type of shoe. I walk a lot and am considering getting them if they work.

Thanks!

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I use the Dr Scholls at work and several nurses wear sketchers and the other brands. It took me a while to get used to them as it helped balance my posture I think but now I wear them my entire shift without problems. Some people couldn't wear them but like I said, break them in slowly and gradually increase how long you wear them.
  • angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love mine... at work I'm on my feet all day soooo they help
    and when I'm out for a walk with the girls, I can really feel it.

I want to get the sandals... its almost summer and I hate wearing shoes lol
  • Jesusfollower72
    Options
    I have a pair and wore them out in 6 months! They help my knees and lower back a lot because I take a long stride and it hurts the back of my knees. If I have a lot of standing to do it makes a huge difference too. I always were them when I'm walking and will continue to buy them!
  • Jesusfollower72
    Options
    I want to get the sandals... its almost summer and I hate wearing shoes lol

I just bought the sandals yesterday and really like them. They were $30 at famous footwear.
  • TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have the avia avimotion athletic shoes and love them! Also have the earthwear flip flops and love them too! Super comfy!
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    thank you!! :wink:
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Skechers shapeups in Oct. and just gave them to a friend. I wear the sandals all the time. The reason I gave them to a friend is now I jog and you can't jog with them. I bought Acis sneakers with insoles and I don't feel my heel spur at all. Loved the Shapeups but they weren't getting much use anymore.:flowerforyou:
  • edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    I like the sketcher shape ups! They are hard to get used too. They really make your caves and back of the thighs burn! I did a lot of reading on the other ones and the rebok ones I have read the inflatable ball inside deflate very easily. They weren't that comfortable anyways!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I have them, they're okay. I figured I needed new sneakers anyway at the time and they were only about 20$ more than I usually pay so what the heck - I'd try them.

I won't buy them again, they're fine for white sneakers, but they aren't anything special when it comes to walking in them. I don't think they've toned my legs or butt any better than any other sneaker would - and I can't use these to run or do other exercise in the way I would another regular sneaker. I also use an HRM to measure my calorie burn, and whether I'm wearing those or regular sneakers, I burn pretty much the same (Skechers claims a higher calorie burn of something like 10% - I haven't seen it)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love my sketchers shape ups. I've been wearing for about a month now and I don't know for sure if I am firmer but I feel better when I wear them. My posture definitely improved and they are the most cushioned and comfy runners I have ever owned.

I just need to get the sandals now.
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My mom has the Shape Ups and she swears by them, LOVES them. I have the Reebok EasyTones and they're $20-30 cheaper. I don't know if they really tone or not but they are REALLY comfortable and when I put them on I just want to run and you CAN run in them. It feels like you're walking on air. They put a little "pep in my step." LOL
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Have them. Love them!
  • loonpine2
    loonpine2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have a pair and I love them. They are great for the knees or for anyone with bad knees. very comfy.. I would not play tennis in them but I do the elliptcial and walk.. I even do cardio kick boxing because it makes you off balance and it's great work out to try to keep balanced.
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Everything I've read about them says they don't work...but they're *really* comfortable, so who cares? Comfy shoes are worth a hundred bucks...
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the Sketchers or the Reeboks, but I've got a pair of MBT shoes that I love...I had the trainers as well but they didn't fit right - I now have a pair of work shoes that don't look out of the ordinary at all. They are the COMFIEST shoes ever...I don't know if they halp with the toning but my posture seems better. I also have a pair of Fit Flops, which i got because they were more comfortable than regular flat shoes of flip flops for summer...
  • ladysw357
    ladysw357 Posts: 43
    Options
    I have them. I have found that they do not help me in any way for weight loss or toning; however, they have helped my ankle, knee, and foot pain.
  • redbedhead
    redbedhead Posts: 53
    Options
    I have them and can't stand them! I have degenaerative arthritis in my left big toe, and the way you have to walk puts too much pressure on that toe. After about 1/2 hour I can my toe hurts so bad, I can barely walk. The pain and the prononced limp lasts for 3 days everytime I try to wear them. I feel like I totally wasted $75.
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I just bought two pair: one for work and one for casual/walking. Who knows if they do much muscle wise, but I do feel like I have better posture wearing them, and they are comfortable.