Up by Jawbone?

Options
My boyfriend works at an Ikea distribution center and the company's Holiday present to them was this bracelet (Up by Jawbone) and the way he described it, its basically a fitness tracker.

I was wondering if anyone has heard/used/read about this product and thinks its worthwhile. I'm about to set it up (as he gifted it to me since he won't use it).

Replies

• ofdwolf
    ofdwolf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just got an Up24 2 weeks ago and so far I like it. It keeps track of your steps and sleep and syncs up with MFP.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sweet, I as just reading some of the reviews when I went to download the app and a lot of people were saying its been kind of buggy (the app, idk about the bracelet).

I was wondering if it connected to MFP or not, awesome that it does! :D
  • 65pcWater
    Options
    I have the up24 too. Had it about 6 weeks and love it, after a while you notice that you start to walk the long route, get up more regularly to stretch the legs and find way to bump the steps score (I was averaging about 7K at the start and now about 9.5k. I love it, no bugs with mine and the android app is great with great motivation tips and goals (which are very achievable). The sync with MFP is great and automatically adjust the daily calorie intake, so I can heartily recommend it.
  • ofdwolf
    ofdwolf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like that you can set an idle alarm for certain hours. It will vibrate if you sit too long to remind you to get up and move.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have had mine since April and haven't had any issues with it. I had the FitBit Force before, but it was recalled. I also really like Jawbone's app.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sounds cool. I'm not worried about my step goals (I actually just set mine to 12k) cause I work as a picker at a medical supply warehouse working 12 hour days. I pick on the ground so I'm on my feet and my SHealth on my Galaxy WAS tracking them (kills my battery too fast to have it always running though) and I was hitting over 10k everyday I was at work (Monday-Friday).

I think I'm almost done my setup (: thanks for your imput guys.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Jawbone UP Bracelet group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet

Do not log any step-based activity. Your UP is already tracking that for you.

Log non-step exercise (like biking or swimming) in UP—never MFP.

Log food & drink (including water) in MFP.

Enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Set your activity level to sedentary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided & set your goal to .5 lb. per week for each 25 lbs. you need to lose.

Follow your MFP goal, eating back your UP adjustments.

Your UP total burn is your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). If you follow my instructions you'll be eating at TDEE minus an appropriate deficit. I lost the weight & have maintained for 6 months using these settings.