Coming off anti-depressants and have a minimum of 3st to lose!

Options
Hi,

So I've used this on and off before but now it's time to get into gear I've been on anti-depressants for the last 6 months and am now being phased off of them so my energy levels are improving. My doctor has also informed I need to lose a minimum of 3st to get back to the top end of a healthy weight range with my BMI - I've only ever managed 1/2st when I have tried previously so this time I need to kick it up a notch. I am looking for some friends I can add for motivation/support and some good tips! I am pairing the slim fast 3-2-1 diet plan with a gym membership!

Sam

Replies

• Keiblob
    Keiblob Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam, you can do it!!!! Exercise is absolutely vital for mental heath - I struggle with depression too and know that I'm so so much happier when I've been doing some exercise, particularly early in the day. So it's not just the weight that will benefit from healthy eating and exercise :smiley:
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Up to you whether you use slim fast or not, but what will you be on it for life? the majority of people here dont like commercially packaged diet supplements. MFP supports dieting by lifestyle change and undestanding how weight loss and gain work and theteby learning how to control it. Learning about health and nutrition is valuable knowledge, which eating someone elses diet product doesnt teach you. Id also think eating real food is better, but try it and see. Fiure out how you are going to keep the weight off after the diet.

May i suggest that after coming out of depression that you keep regular gym attendance up as exercise can help combat it.