I hate greek yogurt. Other options?

2»

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    You can't really taste the yogurt in recipes. Otherwise you can use cottage cheese instead.

For plain eating, just eat normal yogurt instead. I use greek yogurt to get in a better protein:carb ratio. I almost never eat it straight - always add fruit or protein powder to it. Or bake with it.
  • RadiantChange
    RadiantChange Posts: 57 Member
    This is so weird...A short while ago, I use to feel exactly the same about Greek Yogurt, {{{Yuk}}} however I was determined to add it to my fuel menu.

I started by using it instead of sour cream such as on tacos and then I started just eating a small amount as a dip for apples and now, believe it or not I just love the taste just how it is. Of course I no longer eat or drink anything non-fat or lower fat and I think that has made a difference. A little dab will do me just fine.

All the best to you!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    This is so weird...A short while ago, I use to feel exactly the same about Greek Yogurt, {{{Yuk}}} however I was determined to add it to my fuel menu.

I started by using it instead of sour cream such as on tacos and then I started just eating a small amount as a dip for apples and now, believe it or not I just love the taste just how it is. Of course I no longer eat or drink anything non-fat or lower fat and I think that has made a difference. A little dab will do me just fine.

All the best to you!
    I second its use on tacos or fajitas. SO yum.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    I feel like most recipes for so many different health options include greek yogurt, or people just recommend eating greek yogurt in the morning with fruit. But I just can't get past the tart flavor of it. Is it bad that I'd rather eat yoplait's flavored yogurts instead? Or do you have any other ideas?

there's roman yogurt.
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    I don't really like sweet yogurt but I will eat savory yogurt. I'll buy plain Greek yogurt and make cucumber raita or tzatziki to go with my lunches.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Don't make those recipes. Make something you like. Keep close to your target calories and macros.

the heck with yogurt.

Or coconut oil. Or whatever superfood of the day.
  • erasure999
    erasure999 Posts: 30 Member
    Yoplait has a Greek 100 calorie line of yogurts and they taste fantastic!