Cellucor CLK/Super HD combo

Options
I've seen these around at GNC and such for a while, so I decided to buy them and see if they worked. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried them and what their experiences were.

I've gathered that CLK is essentially a mix of a bunch of trendy "metabolism boosters" and appetite suppressants and such. I got a free sample of the Super HD before, and it certainly gave me plenty of energy to workout.

The dosage is a bit confusing, though. One Super HD is a serving, but the bottle suggests starting with 2 a day and eventually increasing it to up to 4, that just sounds excessive. I was thinking of spreading the 3 CLK throughout the day, and taking one Super HD a day, about half an hour before I workout. Thoughts?

Replies

• kstej
    kstej Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I actually have experience with these cellucor products as I use them for the last couple weeks when I am prepping for a fitness competition. First of all, know that they are all hugely stimulant ridden which is why you have to increase the dosage- you develop a tolerance just like to caffeine or alcohol or preworkout. The stimulant is the reason they are effective. Almost all products like Super HD are thermos- meaning they raise your core temperature so you burn more calories. So yes, they do work BUT they are certainly not meant to be used long term. I believe the bottle suggests no more than 12 weeks but I've never used them for more than 3-4. Not only are they hard on your body, but the longer you are on them the less effective they become.

Honestly you're probably not going to see spectacular results as a result of taking these products. They are meant to be supplemental...When I am taking them I'm trying to drop that last bit of bodyfat before hopping on stage so I am also decreasing my calories and upping my cardio at that point. So I honestly couldn't tell you the degree to which they are effective if you are not changing anything else about your routine. Truthfully, although I've used them and I'm sure will use them again before my next competition, I would say generally they probably aren't worth the money except if you are using them for a specific short term goal.

Hopefully this is helpful!
  • Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That was really helpful. I honestly just bought it to help me get back on track with working out after a few bad months, fitness wise. I figured one intense month would help me get back on track and get back into my healthy habits.

I definitely won't be taking them longer for a month, though.