The day that you don't lose weight

Options
13»

Replies

• lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    I use the scale a lot too. My weight fluctuates though so much in just one day its strange, but as long as it seems within 1-3lbs I am not to worried
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Today, I lost another 0.4 pounds. That made my ticker read 50 pounds lost. That was one of my mini goals. The next mini goal will be 205 pounds. At that weight, I plan to start bugging my surgeon to get me on the waiting list for my first surgery date to replace my right knee. This is a long process with pre-op evaluations, physical therapy consultations and then, finally the surgery. It will be several months, before the second surgery for my left knee. So...I need to push for that weight loss and the first surgery date.

I checked my weight records this morning. I have lost...

...49.7 pounds, since Thankgiving
    ...1.4 pounds this week
    ...6.0 pounds this month
    ...and a whopping 24.7 pounds for the past 3 months.

Those are the numbers that show me not only the past but the realistic goals for the coming week, month and all the way to end of August. I can easily see my goals achieved, using these statistics. I know that I can and will be in Onederland soon.

With the help of God, I will stick to my food plan and my exercise routine, because I want to see what He has in store for me.

First, I would like to say congrats on your losses! I used to weigh myself everyday. I think it held me more accountable. I stopped weighing myself for about two weeks cause I know I've hit a weight plateau, even though I have been losing inches. I'm sure my body has been retaining water due to my workouts/strength training. BUT, I did weigh myself this morning and there was only a .2 lb difference from two weeks ago. I'm gonna start weighing myself everyday again. The fluctuations never really bothered me. I kinda like to see how my body is doing day to day.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    First, I would like to say congrats on your losses! I used to weigh myself everyday. I think it held me more accountable. I stopped weighing myself for about two weeks cause I know I've hit a weight plateau, even though I have been losing inches. I'm sure my body has been retaining water due to my workouts/strength training. BUT, I did weigh myself this morning and there was only a .2 lb difference from two weeks ago. I'm gonna start weighing myself everyday again. The fluctuations never really bothered me. I kinda like to see how my body is doing day to day.

Believe it or not, Sis. I lost another 0.6 pounds today. I seem to be on a roll. I think that you might get a kick out of my most recent post. It shows just how crazy I can be.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1005485-doing-things-backwards-yeah-i-m-a-little-crazy
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I am a scale junkie, but I think I broke mine tonight. It's been a total *kitten* to me for the last 5 weeks (even though I've been working hard and losing inches) so I don't feel bad...Though I suspect I'll be going through withdrawal by tomorrow morning.
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I weighed daily when I got started and now that I'm down to my last 10 pounds, I've stopped and I'm weighing on milestones of my walking goals-half way through my walking goal and at the end. This is just because I know mentally that the last 10 pounds are slow to move, but emotionally I hated seeing the scale not budge or *horrors!* go up! I now weigh in, on average, about once every two weeks. This also gives me motivation to get out and walk more so I can weigh in sooner, ha ha!
  • _abbie
    _abbie Posts: 24
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump bump bump bump.
    Because I'm guilty and there are several links and references I want to go back to. Great thread.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    There are many days I don't lose weight because I'm at a slow rate right now :)
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    Having avoided scales at all costs for so much of my life, I find it an oddly liberating feeling to weigh myself a lot. I don't every morning but if i think about it and feel like it I will. I know its not going to go down every day, heck most days it doesn't go down but it doesn't bother me. I seem to often go stretches of day without losing anything (or even going up) and then lose 4 lbs. I know when I've been doing things right to lose weight and that it is going to take time so it's just interesting to me to see how things fluctuate.
  • Jewels_in_the_rough
    Jewels_in_the_rough Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Usually a few times a day. I just find it interesting to watch it fluctuate throughout my day, and how my activities/food and water consumption influences the scale (I'm not obsessed, I promise, just curious). But my "real" weigh ins at the beginning of the day usually drops every two days or so, if I stay focused on the goal.

Also, I have read a few of your posts recently, and just want to say that they are always a good read. I love your attitude and am more than inspired by your dedication to your journey and joy of life that is apparent. Congratulations on all of your success this far, and I would wish you luck for your future goals, but I'm convinced you don't need any.
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Believe it or not, Sis. I lost another 0.6 pounds today. I seem to be on a roll. I think that you might get a kick out of my most recent post. It shows just how crazy I can be.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1005485-doing-things-backwards-yeah-i-m-a-little-crazy

LOL that is hilarious. You are awesome. I am sending a friend request your way, if you don't mind. :)
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    LOL that is hilarious. You are awesome. I am sending a friend request your way, if you don't mind. :)

I welcome your friend request and any of my other sisters and brothers on MFP.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way with having to weigh myself everyday. When i first started I would be super sad if the scale didn't move that day but now that I'm so close to my goal weight I'm still happy to see it sitting at the same number. as long as the numbers don't go up. When they do go up, which they occasionally do now, since I'm not as strict with my diet anymore, it does kinda bum me out a bit but I just think to myself that I can just work a bit harder to get that little bit of a pound back off.