Options
Anniepi66
Anniepi66 Posts: 45 Member
edited December 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Was/still am considering gastric sleeve surgery. After session with dietitian/nutritionist yesterday, have concerns and know that I am stronger than this - I can lose without altering my body. She gave me this website. After filling in the diary for only one day, it's amazing how much and how many calories can be consumed in a day without even thinking about it. It made me totally aware of what I ate all day long. So we shall see. I've lost and gained so much weight over the years! And had I never started 'dieting' I would not need to try this now. Bariatric surgery is not a cure; it is a tool. It forces you to eat less. But it requires surgery, a couple months of liquid/pureed food - not something I feel I can deal with. I am stronger than this. I know I am. I have had other health issues, and I think maybe having an elective surgery may not be such a good idea. And I have a fatty liver and am on the verge of being diabetic. So let's get started! ;)

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    You got this! I hear you on gaining back the weight lost dieting. Think of logging as a lifestyle change. Good luck!

• FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Don't give in to surgery. You can do this by yourself. Keep your head up
  • Anniepi66
    Anniepi66 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I didn't think it would help to share! Don't like to share. Glad I did! You have encouraged me today.
  • kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You can do this! This is a great site and you will find a lot of support here!