Any pictures, tips or sucess stories of women between 5' 7" and 5' 9 without weight loss surgery?

Options
13»

Replies

• ravlomama123
    ravlomama123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yey, Tall girls! I am 5'9. I got pregnant and gained 62 pounds. I went up to 219 and 8 months later I'm at 166 now. Im planning on going down to 145 by my sons first birthday. :smile: good luck girls!!
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Ivelissegmorales Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your stories! We can do it!
  • fighterwithin
    fighterwithin Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and went up to 220 with pregnancy. Now I am at 150.8 as of this morning! My goal is around 140 before I go for baby #2
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    By the way, I am loving all of the success pictures! So motivating.. and helpful to me. Most women I know are thin and weigh around 115 and it's refreshing to see people my height weighing more than that!
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Options
    Bump
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Options
    :)
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your successes! I'm 5'8", and I can't wait to share my successes some day!
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Could a female around 5'7" weighing between 150-165lbs post measurements please. I measured last night & would like to see how I compare. Thanks!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Could a female around 5'7" weighing between 150-165lbs post measurements please. I measured last night & would like to see how I compare. Thanks!

@mskinner1091 , sorry in advance if the pictures don't pop up.

5'7", 149.6# this AM, approximately 26.5" waist, 35-36" hips, 36C bra (um what?! lol), 34" chest, 14" calves, 21.5" thighs, 11" biceps
    The measurements aren't wicked recent but my clothes fit the same so they're close enough.

And here's a better full body:
  • mskinner1091
    Options
    That was super helpful! Thank you very much! I weigh 157 right now, trying to reach 145. I started at 185. My weight loss has slowed a lot so I bought the 30 day shred dvd & I'm starting it today. I wanted to see how many inches in 30 days with the dvd.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    That was super helpful! Thank you very much! I weigh 157 right now, trying to reach 145. I started at 185. My weight loss has slowed a lot so I bought the 30 day shred dvd & I'm starting it today. I wanted to see how many inches in 30 days with the dvd.

I lift weights - follow ICF 5x5 with SL 5x5 and NROLFW in the past. And that's helped me more than cardio alone. I'm currently trying to get back down to 143ish since it was a good weight for my racing (I also run a lot). But the lifting & the muscle mass I have means that even at 150#, I'm in a size 2/4. Just food for thought since we had about the same starting point. 145 is good for our height - the healthy range is like 120-160 +/- 2#. It's just frame structure, since I'd look like death under 135# but there are women who would look very large at my 150#. sorry for rambles lol
  • mskinner1091
    Options

I lift weights - follow ICF 5x5 with SL 5x5 and NROLFW in the past. And that's helped me more than cardio alone. I'm currently trying to get back down to 143ish since it was a good weight for my racing (I also run a lot). But the lifting & the muscle mass I have means that even at 150#, I'm in a size 2/4. Just food for thought since we had about the same starting point. 145 is good for our height - the healthy range is like 120-160 +/- 2#. It's just frame structure, since I'd look like death under 135# but there are women who would look very large at my 150#. sorry for rambles lol

Oh no, definitely thanks for your input! With my body type I'd also look like death under about 135. Lol. Yeah I think 145lbs will be good for me. I'm not too far from it! So excited. I just need a good boost! I have starting lifting about 2 days a week. I love it! Just so sick of the belly! Blahhh :neutral_face:

• mskinner1091
    Options
    PS: I'm currently in a size 6 at 156lbs. Would love to be a 4/5.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

With strength training, completely possible.
    I've been a 4 at 156lbs with lifting. And in high school, with starvation, I was a size 5 and 128lbs. So the magic of iron! lol
  • mskinner1091
    Options

With strength training, completely possible.
    I've been a 4 at 156lbs with lifting. And in high school, with starvation, I was a size 5 and 128lbs. So the magic of iron! lol

Hahah oh wowwww. That's crazy! Well thanks again for your input. It was definitely helpful! :smiley:

• Ivelissegmorales
    Options
    Bump!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!