edited December 2014
    Options
    Still here...
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    MissJay75 wrote: »
    So who was here last January, setting goals for 2014? What were they, and did you accomplish them?

Moi.

Started the 2014 journey on January 6th, 2014. Goal was to drop enough weight to get off cholesterol lowering medication, improve my weight ratio and fitness. I had dropped from 212 to 186-187 from 2004 - 2013. However, I was "stuck" in the mid 180's with love handles and abdominal/chest fat that though hidden under clothing - was not healthy to be carrying around. So my 2014 goal was to finally shed that remaining tire!!!

My heart Doc didn't sound convinced I could get off the meds due to family history, but allowed me to give it a whirl. I lost, on average, about a pound a week until I had shed the visceral fat. Wow! MFP educated me to move beyond BroScience and BS to confront myths and realities. Thanks MFP!!!

I switched to a cholesterol lowering diet, and went off the medication in March. Started the year in the skinny fat category, and ended up shedding 21 pounds. Two blood tests later - and my cholesterol numbers are normal without the need for medication!!!!

January 2014...

Size 44L suit jacket
    Pants 34" waist x 36" length

December 2014...

Size 40L suit jacket (with sides having to be tailored in to taper)
    Pants 31" waist x 36" length

Buying clothes labeled "slim", and having to use more mail order these days to track down pants that fit. All nice NSV problems to have.

In maintenance mode and enjoying a more youthful look and outlook...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I was here! I can't remember when I joined, but it was pretty early on. I wanted to keep better tabs of my maintenance (as my hormones began to shift). So I joined, and tried my hand at logging and macros and what not for a bit, then went back to what I had been doing. It's been a great community for the most part, and I've learned a lot.

My weight today is +-2LBS from what it was Jan 1. So I'm happy.

cheers!
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 13, 2014. This year I:
    1) Dropped some fat
    2) Gained some muscle :)
    3) Rarely use the word 'clean' when referring to food... (don't go there!)
    3) Learned that 'healthier' is so much better than 'thinner'
    4) Celebrated 21 years with my guy :) (oh yeah!)
    5) Am looking forward to 2015!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I was 193 now 160 and maintaining for 8 months
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!