New, Best Fitness Device?

Hey everyone, needing some help. I have the bodymedia armband Link...lets just say it no longer is cutting it. It is never syncing and just seems like customer support has gone down the toilet since jawbone has bought bodymedia out.

I am thinking of getting the new UP3, but I am not too sure seeing as I have never used a jawbone device ever. What has been your experience? ( those who have anything jawbone for fitness). I am more looking for something I can do laps in the pool with and can just be worn all the time without a hassle.

I have tried almost everything out there (minus jawbone, can't answer why honestly :) ) to see what would best fit me and I honestly haven't found anything that matches up or that I like, like my bodymedia armaband.

Just got done trying the Misfit Flash and its not really what I am looking for. Very confusing with how it figures some things out on its app and just very cheap feeling. ( heck to try for 25$ can't beat that).

So any advice, I would love!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Are these ones you researched?

Just thought I'd make the decision even harder, sorry.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews/activity-monitors
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    I preordered the Up3 because it has the BodyMedia tech. I miss my BodyMedia and would have stuck with it had they not pretty much abandoned the software for it (while still charging a fee!)

If for whatever reason the Up3 doesn't meet my expectations, I'll be trading it in for the Fitbit Surge when it comes out.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    yeah I was going to pre order it as well, but heard they will be coming out with a ton more colors and figure I would wait a few weeks to see what others reviews say about it.

I am bummed about bodymedia pretty much giving up on there core and link armband. it was an amazing device, but ever since they stopped with the software like you said its been very messed up. I mean my device reads all my workouts right and such, but can't upload my sync on my bodymedia app to MFP. and you email them and they do nothing about it at all...really might send a letter in to the corporate office about how if jawbone is done with core/link that they should stop charging the fee to use it.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    I wrote many times, and they refunded me 3 months of my fee, and ended up taking the band itself back because of the numerous issues. I had been emailing for a few months, though, so they had a written record of my issues, and I had only purchased the bad 6 months ago. Still, it's worth a try for you to email a few more times and ask for the fee to be waived.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    yeah, I was going to but my hubby just told me to cancel everything with them and pre order the up3 as my christmas gift!!! :)! He saw me looking at it and guess read about it on his phone and said it would be great for me as I wanted something to swim laps in and wear with riding my horse and not have to worry about it digging into my arm or needing to take it off.

So I ordered the black, figured 60 MBG, if they do change colors. I can just call in and see if they will swap it and if not I can just sending it back for my money and buy the color I want.